Elders that don't wanna die

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

Elders that don't wanna die

★★ Guide

How long are sims supposed to live? I've noticed that some single male elders don't wanna die in my game.  Sonny Elder (Fitting last name, I know) has been with me for some generations now. 442 days! xD

Message 1 of 28 (1,222 Views)

Re: Elders that don't wanna die

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SisterGloomy Do you have aging on for active &/or inactive households in your game settings? Are the sims you are talking about in inactive or active households? Also, do you have Mods or CC in your game?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 28 (1,209 Views)

★★ Guide

Everything is working fine with aging and dying for other sims. This just affects generated male elders. Just noticed that I got 3 elders that are over 400 days old. Never played them.
I guess it has something to do with mccc then? 

Message 3 of 28 (1,202 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy It's possible. You could first try resetting  the affected sims, removing localthumbnailcache.package file, then running a game repair in Origin.

If that does not work, please try the following in this order (even if you already had done a repair, etc... do this all again) to see if it is a Mod &/or CC issue:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the  in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Message 4 of 28 (1,198 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm just gonna kill them off to be honest. If this bug effected everyone I would try to fix it. But it only effects game generated elder males that are single. Only got 3 of them in my game. I did contact mccc about this.

Message 5 of 28 (1,191 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy I understand. Some things are minor and a trade-off. Good to keep in mind, though, if the issue expands or annoys you in the future. Thanks for getting back with  us and let us know if you need help in the future! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 28 (1,190 Views)

★★ Guide

I actually looked into these 3 elders more. And all of them listed that they had about 30 days left to live, when I looked with the mod mccc. And again, mccc or any other mod don't affect this. So these 3 elders were created by sims with about 500 days to live as an elder. x)

Message 7 of 28 (1,110 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy Wow... that's weird. So they were created to have a specific lifespan that is longer than other default-game-made sims?

Message 8 of 28 (1,103 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, I guess so? Generated elder males that doesn't move into a house seem to die like normal. Just these 3 elders that moved into lots that got these 500 days.

Message 9 of 28 (1,078 Views)

My elder sim won’t die of old age

★★★ Newbie

My elder sim has come to the end of his life, supposedly. His life bar is full to the max for about 1 sim week maybe a little longer and he still is alive! I have had the notification twice that it’s almost his time and should get the last few things in order before he passes. But that message appeared when his life bar was full so about a week ago, and I don’t want to sound horrible but I need him to die to carry on my legacy challenge. Is this a bug from the new update or is he just being annoying and decided to stay longer than I wanted him to.

Message 10 of 28 (1,045 Views)