Re: Elder sims won’t die

by MARINDAX11O

Original Post

Re: Elder Sim... it's been # weeks.

I did some merging.  Carry on.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 28 (641 Views)

Re: My elder sim won’t die of old age

★ Apprentice

@milliecol2002 - The life bar on mine is completely full, I had the notification a few times as well. It's really surprised me, he's still kicking and living his life. I've tried making him workout a bunch but I can only get to a certain point. I had also completely forgotten about the legacy aspiration. I'll have to get on that one!

@RavenLure - Yes, it's maxed out and I've looked online and it says they should only live 2-3 weeks after the bubbles appear. But this has been 5-6 weeks now and I'm totally surprised!

@EuphorialQueen - I'm trying to avoid moving them out of the house, though I will try the hysteria thing! :-)

@CGrant56 - I had a google and it mainly talks about bringing people to life, not killing them... I'll keep looking but struggling to find anything at the moment.

@HarryPotter4097 - I know, I tried to wear him out him but I got to a point where I couldn't do anything else. So as Euphorial mentioned I'm gonna try and make them die to hysteria. Making them playful and then going a bit more playful and keep them joking till death!

@Tiarella4 - I don't think you can get mods on PS4? I don't use cheats very often on this game and when I do I mainly use the money cheat (only if desperate as I like to keep things as normal as possible). 

Message 22 of 28 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NLSutton92 

Gifting a death flower scented flower arrangement will cause an elder to die almost immediately after you give it to him.  For other sims, it will cause them to age up to next life stage ie a YA will age to Adult, Adult to elder.

Use the flower making station that came with Seasons to make the arrangement.  Any arrangement will do.  When the arrangement is complete and while it is still on the crafting station, click on it and it will give you the option to scent it.  You must have a death flower in the inventory of your sim to scent it.  Then put it in your sims inventory.  

Using other flowers to scent will give different effects.  Complete guide is available at Carls.  (Sorry, can't share links here)

You have to give it to him as quickly after you make it as it will deteriorate over time sort of like food will.

Just use the Gift option under Friendly, and select the arrangement from your sims inventory. 

Hope this helps.

Message 23 of 28 (597 Views)

★★ Guide

@NLSutton92--no way you could tell, but all my previous posts were originally in HarryPotter4097's entirely separate thread, which is why they don't quite fit your situation!  I'll try to tag the people I'm replying to even when there's only our two posts in a thread, as threads do indeed need to be merged sometimes.  Standard smile  Sorry for the confusion!

Message 24 of 28 (573 Views)

Elder sims won’t die

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs all game packs but journey and vampire I have a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Elder sims won’t die after bar begin shining
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not die I have a sim who is an elder and their farther who is also a elder is also still alive
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims life ending
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue has occurred before with my 6 th generation sims about a year or two ago I reported this issue before and after an update he die shortly after.  I have noticed there are a few elder townie sims in my saved games that have not die as of yet.

Message 25 of 28 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Are they mermaids, by any chance?  There's a thread here about mermaids not dying, or at least being freakishly long-lived.

Message 26 of 28 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Timoni152 They don't necessarily die right away. Once the bar is full, there's a chance every day which depends on traits and other factors.

There's also some Sims that don't die at all, depending on some traits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 28 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have sims where the bar is completely full and do not die and sims where that bar is not completely full do die. play on the xbox 

Message 28 of 28 (554 Views)