Can not edit sims

by skipyjones

Original Post

Re: Editing pre-existing sims relationships?

Hero (Retired)

@Pandagamergirlcs wrote:

I know I'm a little late, but I had this problem when I made a brother and sister and forgot to edit their relationship before placing them in game. I fixed it by going into manage world and editing their household. I added another sim and set it's relationship to their mother and it automatically changed their relationship and then I deleted the sim. So I assume if you wish to do it with a mother/child for example, make another child, set them as siblings, then delete the unwanted one. 

Thanks for sharing that technique, great idea!

Message 11 of 34 (7,298 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@nadifb Manual changes of relationshipbits and other cheat commands like that have always been hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The easiest way to make those changes would be to install the UICheats mod and just use the relationshipbits cheat menu. It's always worked for me that way.
Message 12 of 34 (7,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Doesn't work if your sim is too stubborn...... Mine has no mother stated in his family tree yet won't give any other option in drop down panel than sister, wife, or household member.... With testing cheats on ..... 

Message 13 of 34 (7,198 Views)

★★ Novice

It was Nastiia on a Sims forum. 😉

Message 14 of 34 (7,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@here4thesimzWell, I did notice a few quirks with how it works...

If you want to make sim1 the mother of sim2, and the two sims already have ANY kind of relationship, you can't set anything in CAS. It will reject it. You need to completely DELETE the existing relationship so they don't even know each other. CAS will then allow it. (You can always use cheats to set it back to where it was)

For some reason, if sim1 and sim2 are both young adults, you can't set sim1 to be the parent of sim2. Try setting sim2 to be a child or teen in CAS, it should then allow "mother". You can then age them up later.

Message 15 of 34 (7,147 Views)
Highlighted

Can not edit sims

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except parenthood, all stuff packs except tiny living, moschino, toddler, kids room, and romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to manage household, then edit, add or remove sims or anyway you can get to the edit your sims screen
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not edit most things on the sims, personality traits, relationships, change them to adult
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to edit them like I have in the past
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can not edit any current sims in the game. This is new. I’ve disabled mods,and removed mods and still doesn’t work. Personality traits, change relationship, change for teen to adult or even puppy to adult dog all say can not edit pre existing sim.  Pics attached

Message 16 of 34 (7,161 Views)

Re: Can not edit sims

Hero
@skipyjones For existing Sims you need a cheat to change these things. Does the fulledit mode cheat not work for you anymore ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 34 (7,134 Views)

★ Novice

I completely forgot I was running a edit mode always in mod. That mod is not working. The casfulledit ode cheat almost works completely . The only thing I still can’t edit is household relationships 

Message 18 of 34 (7,109 Views)

Hero
@skipyjones Merging your post with an existing thread on the relationships.

Think there's a few suggestions in this thread you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 34 (7,093 Views)

Dot.: Editing pre-existing sims relationships?

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora Ok, it’s been more than a minute since I last played, so I’ve forgotten all the terminology and structural workings of the game. Can you re-explain?
Message 20 of 34 (6,795 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help