Re: Eco Lifestyle: Non-compliant with N.A.P.

by Jomamacita

Original Post

Eco Lifestyle: Non-compliant with N.A.P.

★ Apprentice

I'm day 2 into the Eco Lifestyle pack, and I had an N.A.P. Inspector come to my home.When he finished, he said, "I'm afraid this household is not in compliance with the following NAP: Upcycling Initiative. You will receive an increase in your bills until this problem is resolved." It does not say what the issue is (is it that I don't own a recycler???) or by how much my bills will increase, or WHICH bills will increase! The game lessons provide no insight. And if I do resolve the issue, do I call someone out again to inspect so I don't have my bills increased, like irl? Anyone else faced this and resolved the issue? BTW, not sure if it's relevant, but I live in an apartment.

Message 1 of 36 (63,042 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@raej125 I think I read that any fines were daily, so as soon as you manage to fix it, ( or should that be recycle it lol ) then you wont be fined any more.
Message 2 of 36 (63,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, so I need to get a recycler? That's the issue?

Message 3 of 36 (62,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Personally I wish there was a settings option to disable N.A.P.'s as a whole for a save game, most of them are simply bothersome and the few that are not are like "Why do I care about that?"

Edit for addition concern: Also in my opinion the N.A.P.'s shouldn't automatically start a vote EACH time it's available, even if you get lucky and get all 5 N.A.P.'s filled out with Good N.A.P.'s the fact is the majority of the time your going to end up with 1 or 2 extremely stupid ones (e.g. Roughhousing Encouraged, or Upcycling Tax (which is should be it's real name since it's not an incentive at all))

Message 4 of 36 (62,791 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LeissaMyst 

Game Options Eco lifestyle.

If you can not decide the NAPs you are not very good at gaining influence. It is very easy. You could also just disallow NPC voting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 36 (62,776 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@raej125 I'm having the same problem, but with the Green Gardening Plan. I have a garden with 2 plant boxes with a total of 8 plants. So it seems to me I'm in compliance, but I've been fined twice and can't figure out why.
Message 6 of 36 (62,757 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I personally don't mind the N.A.P. , it adds more game play, but it would be nice if they were clearer on what to do to resolve the issues instead of leaving you to figure it out. I'm sure more information about how to play the game will come out over time and people explore everything this pack has to offer.

Message 7 of 36 (62,712 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SassiLassi 

Buy Vertical Gardens and upgrade them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 36 (62,693 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SassiLassi Half of my sim's yard is covered in garden plants and I got a notice that it's not in compliance of the Green Gardening NAP either. Seems a bit confusing!
Message 9 of 36 (62,602 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SassiLassi I'm having the same issue. My sim is actually gardening kind of a lot and apparently I'm still not in compliance for some reason. I think this must be a bug.
Message 10 of 36 (62,581 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help