Re: ECO Living; Sharing and Caring is extremely bad for this game.

by JWWeise

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It hasn't. I've just had 2 Sims walk into my current Sims house and steal several items. This NAP is among the worst things they could have added to the game and it seems like its the number 1 thing NPCs vote for, and yes like someone said, it totally breaks the mindset of Sims I enjoy when I invite them over and watch them steal many items from my house.

I've yet to see anyone talk about this NAP without it being complained about so in all honesty this NAP should be removed. Already spoken to many players on other forums who resort to Mods to get rid of it or using in game codes to cheat it away. When players are going out of their way to remove something, usually means it needs to be fixed ASAP or removed entirely.

Message 11 of 27 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@JWWeise I don't mind so much the idea of it. It actually sounds interesting, but the implementation of it went WAY too far. When sims are stealing everything not nailed down and it's completely breaking commercial lots, it's more of a nuisance than anything.

Maybe if they implemented some way to block sims from stealing from certain places? A trigger object? Like a warning sign: No Stealing. Place it on a commercial or residential lot, and it'll stop all stealing. That way we can control it.

And if it isn't placed, the stealing is limited to minor decor objects only, like plants, pictures, maybe even rugs under a certain value... I wouldn't mind it so much then.
Message 12 of 27 (1,320 Views)

Champion

@JWWeise , thank you for the update! Angel Although, I don't know if this means that this hasn't been fixed, or if it means that it has but that it just affects new Sims after the patch (and not ones already affected by the old bug).Wondering Raised eyebrow It could be either way! Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 27 (1,295 Views)

Champion
@PugLove888 I am about to test it this weekend. I hope the patch will be sufficient to down tone the amount of 'sharing an caring'. 😉
I also hope that the random activities my Sims seem to engage in, like brewing antistress potions and mixing cakes will have disappeared after this patchupdate

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 14 of 27 (1,287 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos , hopefully this also is fixed! Fingers crossed It might not disappear, since I think some of these activities were intended, just not the amount that Sims are actually doing them now.Wink  I think the amount of times Sims engage in these activities was overkill! Disappointed  I'm sure many will want to hear your testing reports! Wink

Message 15 of 27 (1,277 Views)

Champion
@PugLove888 I have tested it last weekend and I have also got some feedback from payers on the Dutch Sims forum.
A lot of gamers still experience the same issues. The humps of clay and the future cubes still appear in the inventories. Some of the reactions are that the like to see the extra cash it generates but many are annoyed that Sims get strange or most of the time sad moods after asking questions to the future cube on public lots.
The stealing still occurs even though there is no sharing and caring neighborhood action plan active. (I did not notice that, but other Simmers reflected that it still happens on the Dutch forum)
Some of them (three that I know of) even switched off the Expansion Pack 'Eco Living' all together but still experience issues from the June 3rd update. Like the clay etc.
So all in all, they tell me that it is still very difficult to play under these circumstances.
I regard myself more like a terrier and still play on with all the issues I just mentioned. However, I have to say that unlike before June 2020, I find it harder and more difficult to control an eight Sim household.

And I also see my sims wondering about to tend to the garden at any time they like. Stop their actions to start programming whenever they like.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 16 of 27 (1,196 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos , thank you for the update!  Angel
I haven't had Sharing is Caring but in one neighborhood , and that was right before the update, but I still did not have one person steal anything of mine, for some reason.Wondering🤷‍♀️ I do not normally play rotationally, so this was a test I made for that purpose, but I still couldn't get any of the behaviors that everyone is having.Disappointed I think I just didn't play enough yet in that save for them to show up before the patch, and I haven't returned to that save since then, as I had other things to test (and I also wanted to play with knitting! ). Wink

I guess I need to return to that save file and see if I can have some of these things happen in my game.Wondering  I've heard that it is more common in rotational play, or in a save file that has a household live in one neighborhood but own a business in another neighborhood (where they can't vote or repeal any NAPs). 

Thanks again for your research! Heart

Message 17 of 27 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a business (Get to Work pack) in another neighborhood (not on my home lot neighborhood) and my employees and my customers would just take things that are not for sale but for decoration. I had to move the business because it isn't in the neighborhood I live in and therefore cannot vote to remove it the N.A.P.

In the same neighborhood, I had a bar that I had my sims visit, and when I left, it became an "unfinished lot" because someone cared TOO much and took a barstool, a required item for that lot type! I had to go in and fix it myself. I noticed it because when I tried to take my sims back there on a date, the game told me I couldn't take my sims on a date to an unfinished lot.... even though we were just there the other day. I agree that something definitely has to be done about this N.A.P..

Message 18 of 27 (1,127 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sharing is Caring basically breaks the game!!! Everyone is in agreement. It's not like some Sims can come over to your house and take some of your stuff, when it comes to commercial venues it literally BREAKS THE GAME because you go visit a lot and the whole place gets cleared out and becomes nonfunctional. There's no way they had that in mind when they designed this and I cannot believe they let the expansion pack release with this level of game-breaking bug in it. To echo another simmer here, "The fact I have to turn off NPC voting, then go to every single community and cheat in four N.A.Ps so sharing is caring isn't activated isn't my idea of fun."  Just the fact that I had to stop my game and come on the forums looking desperately for a solution, along with many many other players, is case in point that this expansion pack bug is breaking the game and needs to be fixed asap.

For those of you that have retail/businesses in not your own neighborhood, you CAN remove the NAP to fix your business!  Go to Manage Worlds and play another household in that neighborhood. Shift-click on the mailbox, select instant repeal the NAP, add an alternative NAP so all 4 slots are full (so Sharing is Caring can't be voted back in again). Back in Manage Households, mark the household as unplayed again if you want it to remain unplayed. 

I haven slowly but surely gone round and revoked that NAP in each neighborhood. For a neighborhood where there are no Residential lots, I have to switch a lot to Residential, move a sim in, revoke the NAP, evict the sim, and switch the lot type back.

Jiminy crickets!

Message 19 of 27 (1,010 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really like the original thought of @Ayanko to make it truly about sharing instead of stealing. Especially if you could go around and ask other sims for donations (similar to how you can ask them for money), it would really make a lot more sense and be a lot more meaningful too. Especially as you can actually donate your knitted items to charity with Nifty Knitting. Talk about pack interaction!

And I wholeheartedly agree with everyone complaining about the business lot problems in particular. At the very least make business lots excempt from that stupid NAP, or give us something like the burglar alarm back. btw I also had that problems with business lots I don't own, that I just visited with one of my sims and other sims then stole from there and broke them while my sim was there. *duh*

Yes, there are workarounds to it but they are super tedious and really shouldn't be necessary in the first place.. tbh if EA can't be bothered to fix it, just remove it, I don't think anyone will shed a single tear over it.

Message 20 of 27 (917 Views)