EA ruining POGO

by awade46a

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA ruining POGO

★★ Novice

You are killing Pogo. I've been on here for over 20 years - yes, since long before even the Club was around. Your changes are and will be be driving everyone away. You never once asked members what WE want. We want public and private chat. We want messaging (email and the guest book). We want minis or decent avatars. We want gifts and tokens. We want all the things Pogo HAD. ALL of the Early Access games are terrible. They offer NONE of the things Pogo has always been known for - and why people have stayed. I remember when I could look on the main page on a weekend night and see over half a million players in Pogo. Now, you're lucky to get 10% of that. Why? You aren't listening to what we've been telling you for the past year to keep. Instead, you give excuses about Java and Flash. Well, guess what? Other game sites have all the things we want without Java and Flash and everyone I know will be leaving Pogo when the changes are complete. And I will be leaving with them. How sad. You should just shut the site down now. Why wait? Oh, and here's a novel idea - STOP making the changes you are and SAVE Pogo. Get rid of the kid-level cartoons and make this a fun, adult game site. You can do it. No more excuses about Java and Flash. Updated internet technology allows you to program BETTER games, avatars, communication and graphics. Early Access looks cheap and childish and like stuff that belongs on Saturday morning kid shows - in the 1960's!
HEADS UP POGO !!
…STOP killing Pogo before it's too late. Early Access is a TERRIBLE idea. Help us. SAVE Pogo. Make it BETTER, not worse. Simply admit Early Access was a bad decision and poor business model and make it a site that will draw people in and keep them - instead of driving us all away, which it IS doing. I can list 4 other game sites that players are leaving Pogo for. As I tell anyone who asks me about these sites - none of them are as good as Pogo was, but they are all far better than what Pogo is becoming. I speak for countless others when I say none of us want to leave Pogo - we've made many friends over the years and that is the main reason we've stayed - but none of us will stay if you make these new changes. Again, STOP killing Pogo. SAVE it.

Message 1 of 14 (2,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA ruining POGO

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks so much for your feedback, @awade46a. I'll be sure to pass it along to the Pogo team.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,433 Views)

All Replies

Thanks so much for your feedback, @awade46a. I'll be sure to pass it along to the Pogo team.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 14 (2,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

COMPLETELY agree with you 110%. These changes are horrible!! I love my mini, and since they're killing them, I'm out!! I'm not going to give these people any more of my money for content I don't want and never asked for!! Give us back what you call "classic" pogo!! 

Message 3 of 14 (2,388 Views)

★★ Novice

Pogo is not listening to the people.  I see today Canasta is gone.  Corporate Office has killed pogo.  People are complaining and pogo is not listening.  Bring back the old pogo.  How many complaints do u need in order to hear what is being said. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,285 Views)

Hey there, @sonnyo75.

You're in luck! Canasta (Flash) retired today because Canasta HD is releasing later todayParty hat Please keep an eye out on the Pogo Blog for updates.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 14 (2,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I came back to POGO after years of being away.  The reason I came back, is because I missed the "chat" in rooms.  At this horrible time of the Corona Virus killing millions, I wanted to be able to share all the feelings that go with it.  Instead, I find the chat has been taken away from us.  This is terrible. I will be cancelling my membership as soon as my membership is to expire. (unless of course, that chat is brought back) New is not always a good thing. Please bring back the good old days.

I agree 100% to bring back classic pogo with chat in chat rooms.

I'll be ending my membership if they don't bring back the chat in game rooms.  All the changes are not something that makes me happy.

[CM Edit - Merged back to back posts together. Please refrain from multiple posts in a row. Don't forget you can always add more to your previous post by selecting Edit from the right-side menu on the post. Thanks!]

Message 6 of 14 (2,220 Views)

Hey there, @Player_bhvfdi5n.

We know chat is a very highly requested feature for the new Pogo. Rest assured that chat is coming this summer! Please keep an eye on the Pogo Insider Blog for updates.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 14 (2,148 Views)

★ Novice

I agree.  Pogo classic was fine, why mess with a good thing?  I can`t get on pogo classic since update four days ago.

I have been on for many years and will most likely quit do to your updates.  Can anyone tell me name of good game site?

Message 8 of 14 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

You took the words right out of my mouth. Good for you. Pogo is terrible now and I miss my Big city adventure and undiscovered world. Pogo please listen to people.

Message 9 of 14 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble with game loading that I have always played. With the new way of playing I can't play them. I have been here 15 years and getting frustrated and wonder if I should continue membership.

Message 10 of 14 (1,966 Views)