EA please let us choose to disable the sentiments

by greenean71

Original Post

EA please let us choose to disable the sentiments

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Please EA, give us an option to turn off the sentiments in the game. I am tired of having angry and sad Sims for days because one Sim was tense and took it out on another Sim. It's been 7 Sim days and every time those two Sims are around each other, they get the angry "sentiment" and it disrupts the household. I had to break up two Sims who were engaged because for days they got angry at each other because the "sentiment" system thought one Sim cheated on the other. The cheating never happened. I also have a toddler who was scolded by his mom and now every time he is around her he gets and angry moodlet. Worse still, he gets a sad moodlet just being around anyone who is a friend of his mom because he feels betrayed. So please let there be a way to disable sentiments. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,614 Views)

Re: EA please let us choose to disable the sentiments

Champion

@greenean71 Agreed.  Sometimes the sentiments are cute but more often than not, they cause a lot of problems in my game and the way I like to play.  Just like our option to disable the effects of the Seasons, so too should we be able to disable sentiments.  Thank you!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 15 (2,575 Views)

★ Novice

I can't second this enough. I hadn't played in a couple months and I started it back up only to find this new horrible system. It's pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the game. I looked all over the options for a way to get rid of it and apparently there isn't one. I just want the game to work the way it did before. Until this gets fixed I guess I'm stuck playing single sim households with the loner trait. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,471 Views)

@greenean71 

Does toggling this option help?

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 12.12.46.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 15 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bluebellflora Hi!  The lifestyles are separate from sentiments.  While it's true that sentiments were introduced as part of the patch for Snowy Escape, you only get lifestyles and the option to disable them if you actually have the pack.  I don't have that one yet and I almost don't want to buy it, just on principle because of the turmoil that sentiments have wrought upon my game.  lol  I'm still clinging to desperate hope that the devs will give us the option to disable those wretched sentiments.  (Mostly I just don't want my toddlers having festering grudges against their parents for days simply because they didn't want to take a bath ... even though they were all giggles and splashes once they got in there.)

Edit: Actually SimGuru Nick was asking for saves a few weeks ago. Re: [OPEN] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason - Page 4 - Answer HQ

Also, someone figured out cheats to add / remove sentiments.  The full list of sentiments cheats were provided here Re: Add and remove sentiments - Page 3 - Answer HQ

Recently I discovered there is a cheat in the testingcheats on shift+click menu to remove all sentiments from individual sims, which has restored some of my sanity. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 15 (2,441 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JonaO703 same I hope they will give us the option to disable them also but probably not.

Message 6 of 15 (2,424 Views)

@JonaO703

Thanks! I've never paid any attention to them but noticed the new toggle in the release.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 15 (2,412 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My work around is to just cheat it away and add them as I choose. Honestly, players SHOULDN'T have to fix things but it's not like they're going to change unless a tragedy occurs and they have to get a whole new team. One should be able to choose which features they want and turn off which ones they don't. 

Message 8 of 15 (2,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

No longer an issue.

Message 9 of 15 (2,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

No longer an issue.

Message 10 of 15 (2,367 Views)