Dream Home Makeover Bundle & Makeover Heirloom

by simmerdownMAL

Original Post

Dream Home Makeover Bundle & Makeover Heirloom

★★★★ Guide

I’m hoping to have a community discussion about the Dream Home Makeover Bundle with the Makeover Heirloom, and draw a comparison to the ASOS Career heirlooms. 

Back in March 2019, TSM players saw the Dream Home Makeover Bundle, which was and remains one of the most expensive packs players have seen so far in the game. The pack did not introduce any new furniture content, but did include a new Makeover Story heirloom. See below. 

371DF2F0-FC9A-48F5-9BA4-D7878393566F.jpeg

4B7676A1-DE20-4E68-AA2C-D346EA45DCDE.jpeg

The pack above did not state that it was a “Limited Time Offer,” and it was unclear at the time to players if the heirloom would become available later via a quest or offered in separate packs. The pack offer has not been seen in the game since March 2019, and the heirloom sits locked and unobtainable to players to date. See below. 

57391B9A-74FF-41B8-990D-87F84F385587.jpeg

The pack above was also problematic in another way, and that is possibly because someone may have assumed that players didn’t already own some/most/all of the furniture within the pack. At the time, I personally owned each item offered in the pack and could not justify spending that much for duplicate items to solely obtain the heirloom. Had I known players would never see this pack and heirloom offer again, maybe I would have given pause to that decision. But again, the offer did not say it was “Limited Time.”

I think it begs the question if players will ever see this pack with the unobtainable heirloom again? If the answer if “no,” then perhaps its fate should follow that of the ASOS career heirlooms.

TSM players who participated in the April 2018 events and obtained the ASOS-related heirlooms used to see these heirlooms in the heirloom collection. Sometime at the top of the year, these heirlooms were removed from the heirloom collection in one of the updates. Why? If I had to guess, it’s probably because EA/TSM didn’t have an intention to bring back ASOS careers/heirlooms to the game. Why else remove them from the collection?

728E41AF-0E10-4E10-AB5E-49254D1470B6.jpeg

It makes me wonder, what is the fate of the Makeover Story heirloom. Will it return to TSM in the same pack with furnishing already seen in the game? Will it return, but with new furnishing options not yet seen? Will it return via a quest to open it up to all players? Or — will we never see it again? If it’s the last one, then I hope it shares the same fate as the ASOS heirlooms and is removed from the heirloom collection.

Message 1 of 1 (826 Views)