by MammaLlamma4

Original Post

[DHD] Decorator got job from other Sim in their household

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs - everything but High School Years & Snow Escape. Games packs - Everything but werewolves, wedding stories, journey to batuu, realm of magic, vampires, dine out. Stuff packs - everything but paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, Moschino, my first pet, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky. Kits - only deluxe kit, fashion street kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's due to the interior designer bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? I believe it was due to the fact one of my sims took a gig from another sim included in the household. She cancelled it, and ever since then it's been glitched. I can't enter build/buy mode from gameplay, I have to enter build move from manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? When a gig is cancelled. that the gig is actually cancelled, and that I am able to use build/buy mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

2021-06-13.png

My Interior Decorator Sim chose his own house as a client, now I can't use build mode when he's home. It's greyed out and telling me to "send the client away" like he's on a job, but he's not. How do fix this?

Message 1 of 20 (2,364 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator BUG - can't use build mode

★ Novice

I had to move my sims off the lot and then bulldoze the lot. Then move my sims onto that empty lot and place the house again to get the option back. I hope there’s another fix cuz it was a lot. 

Message 2 of 20 (2,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ended up doing the same thing. I tried moving just the Decorator Sim from the house (split household) and that didn't work. I moved all of them out to another lot, and then back in. That did the trick. It only happened after I chose his own home as a client. His wife is part of the main Sim family and I didn't realize that the name I was choosing was his home and not her family member. It hasn't happened again since I have been careful not to choose his own house. 

Message 3 of 20 (2,262 Views)

Hero
@MammaLlamma4 That you can choose your own household as a client sounds like a bug.

You might wanna make a bug report in the bug forum for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure how to do that (report as a bug), but I can tell you, even after I did all of the above (moved households, etc.) I still had the option of choosing the house that Sim lived in. I have another household and made one of the SIms an Interior Decorator. So far, she hasn't had the option of choosing her own house. I appreciate the reply! I will report back on this thread if it happens with the other Sim or if the current Sim suddenly gets the option again.

Message 5 of 20 (2,190 Views)

[DHD] Decorator got job from other Sim in their household

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs - everything but High School Years & Snow Escape. Games packs - Everything but werewolves, wedding stories, journey to batuu, realm of magic, vampires, dine out. Stuff packs - everything but paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, Moschino, my first pet, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky. Kits - only deluxe kit, fashion street kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's due to the interior designer bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? I believe it was due to the fact one of my sims took a gig from another sim included in the household. She cancelled it, and ever since then it's been glitched. I can't enter build/buy mode from gameplay, I have to enter build move from manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? When a gig is cancelled. that the gig is actually cancelled, and that I am able to use build/buy mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 6 of 20 (1,343 Views)

Re: Interior Decorator Glitch/Bug

Hero
@amxthystcrystxl So your Sim Decorator Sim got offered a job in their own home ? Don't think that should happen but since you're using mods/cc maybe one of them enabled that ?

Can you quit the career and re-enter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (1,321 Views)

★ Apprentice

The only mods I have installed is the Slice of Life and MCCC, I've had them for a long time, all updated and I've never had an issue. I've seen another thread on here with someone with the same issue. But they had to bulldoze the lot to fix it. I wasn't properly paying attention to the gig, until I realised the issue. The sim did quit and renter the job and I still can't access build/buy mode in live mode. She now works in the media. I've currently repaired the game, but just got back into the game and it's still not fixed.

Message 8 of 20 (1,277 Views)

Hero
@amxthystcrystxl What happens if you try to enter ? Endless loading or an error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (1,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

Renter the interior decorator job? I can select other gigs and works fine, but I still can't enter build/buy in live mode for my Sims. The message pop up for Harvest Fest just came out, can't click on the 'show the holiday object's'? button either. Only can enter build/buy mode through manage worlds. So for some reason, for no reason, my household sim was asking for a gig from a referral. Why is my household sim asking for a gig in the same household, doesn't make sense. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,256 Views)