Downloading Worlds

by confinedexpert

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading Worlds

★★ Novice

I was wondering if there was a possible way to download one of your worlds on one of your save files. For example, you download the world on a save file and it would download all of the lots because I rebuilt every lot but I wanted to start a new and fresh save file but instead of the normal default world, I would like to download the world that I renovated. In a fresh world, I mean all the new characters that were given birth mid-game during my save file where I wanted to download the world from can be deleted, and those who died can reset and have another chance at life.

Please leave a response if you can help. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloading Worlds

Hero

@confinedexpert  I don't think you can move an entire world from one save to another.  But there are a couple of ways you can get most of what you want.

If you don't care about the sims, then you can just delete all the sims in Manage Households and make new sims in CAS to repopulate the game.  If there are any sims you want to keep, just save them to your library before you delete them.  And then after you've deleted the rest, just load them back into the game from your library.  They will have whatever traits, etc. they had at the time you saved them.  But if you want them start over at zero, you can clone them in CAS, reset all the household relationships, reset ages, etc., then delete the originals.  YOu might have to use the CAS.fulleditmode cheat to do some of it.  You can't save any sims who have died unless you saved them before they died though.  If it was a premade sim that died, you can get them back by starting a new game, and then saving all of them to your library.  Then go to the new save and load them in.

The other way is to save every lot in your save to your library.  Also, you should save any sims you want to keep in the new game.  Then start a new game.  Once you have made the mandatory sim and placed them, then you can start replacing the lots with the ones you saved previously.  That way you get all the premade sims back in the game.  Then you can load any sims you saved too.

The last time I started a new save, I saved all my lots and moved them into the new save.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (684 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@confinedexpert  I don't think you can move an entire world from one save to another.  But there are a couple of ways you can get most of what you want.

If you don't care about the sims, then you can just delete all the sims in Manage Households and make new sims in CAS to repopulate the game.  If there are any sims you want to keep, just save them to your library before you delete them.  And then after you've deleted the rest, just load them back into the game from your library.  They will have whatever traits, etc. they had at the time you saved them.  But if you want them start over at zero, you can clone them in CAS, reset all the household relationships, reset ages, etc., then delete the originals.  YOu might have to use the CAS.fulleditmode cheat to do some of it.  You can't save any sims who have died unless you saved them before they died though.  If it was a premade sim that died, you can get them back by starting a new game, and then saving all of them to your library.  Then go to the new save and load them in.

The other way is to save every lot in your save to your library.  Also, you should save any sims you want to keep in the new game.  Then start a new game.  Once you have made the mandatory sim and placed them, then you can start replacing the lots with the ones you saved previously.  That way you get all the premade sims back in the game.  Then you can load any sims you saved too.

The last time I started a new save, I saved all my lots and moved them into the new save.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (685 Views)

★★ Novice
@CGrant56 Thank you for the support!
Message 3 of 4 (655 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@confinedexpert

The best thing to do is set up what I call a "Template" world.
Basically, do like @CGrant56 said and upload all your best houses and favorite families to your library. Then start a whole new world/save and place them again.

Go through everything and get it all configured just right. Houses, households, sim careers, everything. Then just save it, call it "Template" or "Startup".

Then, any time you want to start a new game/world, just load that one, and immediately do a SaveAs and give it a new name.

That way you can do a whole new game whenever you want and it'll already be set up exactly how you like it.
Message 4 of 4 (624 Views)