Re: Donate crystals to museum?

by aodoherty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Donate crystals to museum?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, I'm looking for the way how to donate crystals to the museum. It was a bit hard to level up the fame, so I want to use this but actually I don't remember how I had gotten this interaction before. I googled everywhere but still have no idea.

8.jpg

This one is a female sim I played before and she was able to level up to global superstar from rising star straightaway from donation of so many things like crystals, fossils and metals.

This one down below is current sim's aspiration, celebrity perk and the interactions on crystals.

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

At first, I thought it might be resulted from completing Curator aspiration but other sim who completed the curator doesn't have this interaction with 5 star celebrity. So I thought it could be from the donation fame perk but current sim also has this perk but doesn't have this interaction. Does anyone know how to get this please? 

Message 1 of 12 (1,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think I found the answer myself. I disabled the jungle pack in Origin, and my other sims lost the ability to donate items to museum for fame. So I started to doubt the archeology skill or aspiration and I found my G sim didn't finish this aspiration. Anyway, I had my G sim give a successful archeology lecture and he eventually completed it and now he can donate the items to museum for fame. pheww...

12.jpg

Because he didn't have this reward trait and that's why he couldn't have this interaction.

13.jpg

14.jpg

I love the Jungle Adventure Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,335 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think I found the answer myself. I disabled the jungle pack in Origin, and my other sims lost the ability to donate items to museum for fame. So I started to doubt the archeology skill or aspiration and I found my G sim didn't finish this aspiration. Anyway, I had my G sim give a successful archeology lecture and he eventually completed it and now he can donate the items to museum for fame. pheww...

12.jpg

Because he didn't have this reward trait and that's why he couldn't have this interaction.

13.jpg

14.jpg

I love the Jungle Adventure Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (1,336 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@aodoherty Very good to know!
Message 3 of 12 (1,315 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PsychotpsYes this way was easy to level up the celebrity stage. She was able to level up to global superstar from the rising star after donating around 50 items to museum. I used the copy pasto magic spell for increasing the items. :D Not sure it was designed this way but I don't want Maxis get rid of this later. It's really useful. At least, I'm making an effort to level up the celebrity level without cheat and also it's not easy to complete this aspiration either.

Message 4 of 12 (1,299 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, looks like I'm 3 hours too late to help you Oops , but since you found the answer yourself it doesn't matter!  Thank you for showing others how to be able to donate the crystals to the museum, in case they had a problem with this as well. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 12 (1,268 Views)

★★ Pro
@PugLove888 Thank you Standard smile
Message 6 of 12 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@aodoherty Lol. The copypasto spell has a number of benefits. Writing books also. Just write a book, when it's done it'll be in the inventory. Just put it down somewhere and use copypasto on it. You'll have two copies and you can submit them both for publication. Makes you a lot of money if you have a best seller.
Message 7 of 12 (1,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Psychotpswow!! I didn't know about copying the book with the spell. If you do that, then won't the quality go down to normal?

Message 8 of 12 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@aodoherty It didn't the last time I used it. I remember because when I got the royalties it always showed each book twice with the same amount of royalties. 582, 582, 263, 263, 412, 412... etc.
Message 9 of 12 (1,164 Views)

★★ Pro
@Psychotps That's Perfect! I will be able to store the copied ones with the exactly same quality in my bookcase. :D
Message 10 of 12 (1,115 Views)