Does anybody feel drained when playing the Sims 4?

by Marvel24690

Original Post

Re: Does anybody feel drained when playing the Sims 4?

★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Probably so. I might get a new laptop. To see if that helps or not.
Message 11 of 17 (372 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@simsplayer818, I see what you are saying. I might get the HSY pack not to play it to see if this pack will work for me. I see other people on Twitter saying they are having problems with this new expansion pack. I feel like EA and the Sims team are not on the same page regarding releasing games that are half broken. I think EA doesn't care and the Sims team does not tell the boss of EA to give them more time and resources for these games. But this is my opinion so I don't know. But I am glad that the Sims team is listening to the community and I hope they continue to do so.
Message 12 of 17 (366 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@devilknigh71 Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I hope you are staying cool.
Message 13 of 17 (364 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You’re welcome 

Message 14 of 17 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Marvel24690 They can help you out on that too in the Sims 4 Tech Issues - PC forum if that is something you want to do. You might not need a new laptop though. I have a really old Dell that I bought like 7 or 8 years ago and the game plays just fine with Medium graphics settings. It almost never crashes. It might be worth seeing if there's something you can do to make your current laptop play the game better before you decide whether or not to replace it.

Message 15 of 17 (341 Views)

Champion
@Marvel24690 Since CoL I now wait a few months before adding a new pack just so they have more time to work out the bugs. I feel like they were quick off the mark to address MWS bugs so I'm waiting for HSY to see what players think. The only packs that haven't been problematic for me are the kits, except the very first ones.
I completely agree with your assessment of the corporate set up. No disrespect to the helpful EA reps on here. I always like to see them get involved and have a bit of a discussion with players. I just think how the corporate priorities are set out needs to change. On console right now there is a feeling of neglect among us from what I've seen. When I play a different game, even an older series that's been optimised for my console it's just worlds apart in terms of reliability and performance.
I used to play on PC and console but I switched during Sims 3 as I kept burning out laptops (they are all I can use with my particular disability). I was told laptops, even good ones aren't suitable for the Sims because it's too big. So I went back to console as I'd played the original on PS. I've since learned (from this forum) that was very bad advice! It just takes the right advice and you will find that on here I'm sure, some of our awesome volunteers are experts and will steer you in the right direction. I wish I'd just kept looking for a more powerful laptop. I worked with computers, I've got IT qualifications but it was the old "girl walks into a computer repair shop (twice) gets the collective eyeroll... and forgets she's capable". I kind of wish I'd never switched back to console and just got the right laptop instead. But too late when I've bought so much DLC. Those mods would really help right now by the sound of it.
It's a beautiful sunny day and I'll be keeping cool with rose and camomile ice tea and my experimental decaff frapuccinos, splash of oat milk here, splash of chocolate there! It's not quite Sulani in the English countryside but it's definitely warm and my little silver tabby has built himself a fort in which to hide from the heat!
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 16 of 17 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@daikoyu Same here.
Message 17 of 17 (270 Views)