Re: Does anybody feel drained when playing the Sims 4?

by ValFreya13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does anybody feel drained when playing the Sims 4?

★★ Apprentice

In these last couple of days, I feel entirely drained or I could say ultimately not interested in playing the Sims 4. I just can't get into the game like I used to back when I first started playing it. But now, I have lost all interest in this game. Does anyone feel like that too? If so, why do you feel that way? Or why do think that way as well? Because I love playing the Sims 4 so much, however, the game has been so buggy and so glitchy it makes me not play the game at all. Also, my game will crash when I am playing in Live Mode or in Build/Buy as well. Now I am second-guessing myself if I should get the HSY expansion pack or not. I still do by the way. Anyway, whoever reads this, I hope you have an amazing weekend and also drink a lot of water because where I am from it is going be another hot week. So, take care, everyone. 💗❤️🥰🙂

Message 1 of 17 (1,399 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide
@Marvel24690 Burn out happens with a lot of games. Sometimes, you just need to take a break, play other games or do another hobby that you enjoy and come back to this one when you feel like it - could be days, weeks, months - doesn't matter. No one will will judge because, honestly, we've all done it at some point.

The game is not going anywhere on your computer and the new expansion will still be available later (at a discount if you wait a few months) so if you are feeling drained, just take a break. Then, when you come back to the game, you will feel more energized playing.

I hope you find yourself doing something that you enjoy this weekend while keeping cool!

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (1,389 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@Marvel24690 Burn out happens with a lot of games. Sometimes, you just need to take a break, play other games or do another hobby that you enjoy and come back to this one when you feel like it - could be days, weeks, months - doesn't matter. No one will will judge because, honestly, we've all done it at some point.

The game is not going anywhere on your computer and the new expansion will still be available later (at a discount if you wait a few months) so if you are feeling drained, just take a break. Then, when you come back to the game, you will feel more energized playing.

I hope you find yourself doing something that you enjoy this weekend while keeping cool!
Message 2 of 17 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The game is now in a state which is not playable for me // At least in vanilla state

Fame; I still get fame and my sims become celebrity, self if it disable in game settings // I don’t to play celebrities, I bought this pack only for the items.

Wants & Fears; I can’t toggle it off, they appear every time if I travel. I normally travel a lot with my played sims // I tried this system in my modded game, and I really don’t like it. I got wishes from my *soulmate* couple to break off and always this listen to… + fears, specially the cheated on and unfulfilled dreams are annoying and interferes heavy how I play this game.

Phone 1 & 2; I don’t like the new phone idle, and I am very sad I cant change my phone cover color without I get annoying feature // zoom & action *change phone color* if you load your game or travel + Sims only walk!!! Without bike it takes ages that they go from point A to B because they don’t jog anymore and no, they are not lazy, before patch 1.90.358.1030 they used to jog if the distance is far enough.

Calendar; I can’t create holidays anymore If I have a teen in household. I really don’t need every week a prom!

Henford; I can’t visit Henford without the game create now for each role a new NPC inkl. Agnes & Agatha

For Phone & Henford we have mods which fix it but really, I just want to play my vanilla save. I had so much fun in there after werewolves. I don’t played my vanilla save after Patch 1.90.358.1030 so I don’t lost anything but the whole game is just destroyed for me, just because of *Features* & Bugs* from above. I rather play Stray or Fallout as this game in this state. I hope they fix this mess.

Message 3 of 17 (1,307 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ValFreya13 I will find something while staying cool over the weekend. I hope you and your family are staying cool as well. One more thing, thanks for understanding me. I feel like these past couple of days have been very hard and stressful. But I will find a way to overcome it. 🥰💗
Message 4 of 17 (1,347 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@daikoyu I totally understand what you are saying. For me, the whole phone situation is so annoying. Every time my sims go for a jog, they will start getting on their phone or while they are walking as well. Also, I thought we will another update this week. Because the Sims said that "stayed tuned for continued rollouts of updates through the end of the week. I mean it is almost the end of this week anyway. Anyway, take care and stay hydrated. 🙂
Message 5 of 17 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Marvel24690 To me, it depends on which way you usually play. When I get really bored I do really um- like I make serial killer sims or I do the black widow challenges or stuff like that. But if you are a wholesome player then their are challenges that are fun that don’t involve like- stuff like I do when I get bored lol. That’s my suggestion! There’s ways to spice it up again and if you are comfortable mods make it a thousand times more fun!
Message 6 of 17 (1,226 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I'm not drained but I'm still afraid to open my long lifespan saves.

I second the suggestion to do something "out of character." If you usually play sweet wholesome families, play a criminal with the kleptomaniac trait and the master of mischief aspiration and have them live alone (or with a pet), for example. Do some aspirations or careers that you've never touched.

There are a lot of fun challenges out there as well. Either make one up, or pick something that's not how you usually play, like the Nomad challenge (which doesn't let you own a permanent building until you complete some milestone).

Just... do new things!

Message 7 of 17 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Marvel24690 Hopefully they'll get the bugs fixed soon, but the crashing thing doesn't sound normal. It's been ages since my game has crashed. You might want to ask in the Tech Support PC forum to see if there's anything you can do to fix that. Sometimes it's something as simple as updating graphics drivers.

Message 8 of 17 (1,199 Views)

Champion
@Marvel24690 I've had crashing problems on Xbox Series S for quite some time now. I've had direct contact with the team to address it and they generously replied to me and said they were aware of it and looking into it. At the start of the year I couldn't load my game at all.
After this new update I loaded my game quickly, not to play it but just to check if a bug was fixed after being asked to do so. I crashed after about 4 mins from build mode.
I understand exactly what you mean. I'm used to issues with it, I've lost the whole thing a few times and bought a next gen console thinking it would help even though a friendly Microsoft tech guy told me it probably wouldn't make a difference.
We've also got an issue for some of us on console where our graphics settings aren't compatible and we get error messages. I started a thread thinking it only applied to Series S but it's taken on a life of it's own now and I've seen reports of Series X and PS5 affected too. I've seen varying theories out there but the general explanation seems to be that we are running games optimised for older consoles and the game hasn't caught up with us yet. So we get error messages and graphics blur or even shadowing sometimes. I suffer with vertigo sporadically and Sims is usually ok for me (but if it's bad I avoid tall builds for a while, or skiing, etc) and when the graphics glitch out it's unpleasant to look at. It's also frustrating as our consoles have been around for well over a year now.
I've had 2 breaks from the game this year, mentioned about 80 bugs on here and have been monitoring a further 20 possible bugs. I have over 50 add-ons I was just going to play it on a weekend for a while but it only showed the bugs up more.
Instead of enjoying it like I have for over 20 years, I feel this immense pressure to at least try to play it because I've spent so much money on it. It's a nagging feeling while I'm playing a different game. But the other games work, I know that's largely because they are so much smaller.
The relationship I have with Sims is different though, it goes back further and it means more. So right now when I'm not playing it again until I'm happy with fixes, it's like I'm not doing something I'm supposed to be doing. So I check in on here a couple of times a day so see if we're getting anywhere or if anyone else is in the same situation. I see all the new features and it's weird this big change has been made and I can't play it. Will I even recognise it when I can finally get back into it?
Plus...I really want to play High School Years, it's one I've hoped to see for years!
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 17 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Marvel24690 Maybe take a break from playing. That’s what I do.
Message 10 of 17 (1,171 Views)