Re: Does Adding Sims Count Towards Gens?

by Korgly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Adding Sims Count Towards Gens?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

If I add a sim via genetics with 2nd gen parents that are both female will that sim count towards the 3rd generation towards the 10 generations for the achievement on xbox? also if I move that sim into another house are they still considered part of the household or do I have to have 10 generations of sims in the same home?

Message 1 of 4 (992 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@Korgly Maybe it won't matter. I did the alphabet achievement and was terrified to mess it up so I just went with the wording on the achievement text which said a single household.

If moving the son out and playing that household is what you did, then I'd start counting that new household as gen 1 and go from there.

If the game doesn't allow you to change the gender preferences on a pre-existing sim, I'd take the sim that is not related to the family tree and save them to the library. Then place that same sim back into the household and set the gender preferences that way. The sim will retain everything except relationships, but you can set the duplicate Sim as the wife in the CAS. Delete the original that you saved from the household.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (924 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Korgly I don't know if adding a sim in the CAS as a child will count. You can go into the CAS and change one of the female sims to be able to get the other pregnant (I don't remember if that requires a cheat) otherwise, adoption does count for the next generation for your same sex couple.

The sims have to be part of the same household, so you can split other's off that you don't want in the family, but you must keep playing the same household for 10 generations.

You can move your household anywhere you want, you can move to other worlds, but you must use the original household.
Message 2 of 4 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks I'd have all but gave up on a solution.. will try the pregnancy trait thing.. pretty sure I already messed up the 10 Generations then already seeing as I split the son from the household and moved him into his own house 

Message 3 of 4 (932 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Korgly Maybe it won't matter. I did the alphabet achievement and was terrified to mess it up so I just went with the wording on the achievement text which said a single household.

If moving the son out and playing that household is what you did, then I'd start counting that new household as gen 1 and go from there.

If the game doesn't allow you to change the gender preferences on a pre-existing sim, I'd take the sim that is not related to the family tree and save them to the library. Then place that same sim back into the household and set the gender preferences that way. The sim will retain everything except relationships, but you can set the duplicate Sim as the wife in the CAS. Delete the original that you saved from the household.
Message 4 of 4 (925 Views)