Re: Do yall think the Sims4 is going in the right direction or heading backwards

by simsplayer818

Original Post

Do yall think the Sims4 is going in the right direction or heading backwards?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I feel like Sims4 is heading in the wrong direction. This is my opinion but yall can disagree, I won't judge. However, seeing what state the Sims4 is in, I am not surprised that the base game update that we had yesterday was a total flop. Every time we get an update it either works really well or is really glitchy. In this case, this update was very glitchy. For example, auto aging, curved walls are glitchy, wants and fears do not seem to be, and also want to date your siblings and etc. Also, want to date one of your family members who should not have been in the game. I mean it has for some time but this was just a whole MESS. I hope EA and the sims team work things out because this situation is not looking good at all. BTW, we need an emergency patch update ASAP!!

[CM Edit: Formatting]

Message 1 of 11 (699 Views)

Re: Do yall think the Sims4 is going in the right direction or heading backwards

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, is almost so bad as MWS. MWS you could at least skip but a patch you can’t skip. I just don’t understand why my sims are now all phone zombies. I mean I understand it is a teen but my adults my ELDERS? this doesn’t make sense and I don’t like this new idle.

Complete GF fame system is broken, and you can’t toggle it off fame. My favourite lifespan is broken, self with aging off (sometimes I play with aging on) at least the toggle for wants and fears work, so I don’t see the incest whims anymore. I had plans to create a brand-new vanilla save game but now I will wait that they fix this aging problem and fame problem.

I was really happy with werewolves, this DLC was good, and I had almost no bugs in it, self the pre-patch was nice and now... this again? I really don’t know what I should think, from it. I don’t blame the devs, I really think they don’t have a say in this, but it’s hurt my heart that sims seems follow the way of Sim City and Command & Conquer .

Message 2 of 11 (667 Views)

Champion

I love the inclusivity and that's one part of the progress I love to see. I like the ideas for the new packs mostly... that's where it ends for me.

Where I'm seeing it heading right now is more and more shiny new ideas being shoehorned into a flawed and almost brittle game. Like it's just going to give up on itself if the fundamental bugs are not addressed. I saw an article by a well known and well respected simmer who said the base game can't sustain more expansion packs and it's time for a massive rethink.

The only thing I want to see right now is fixes and nothing else. For example, CAS has been buggy as all heck for over a year and while the new functions are welcome it's needed some fixes for a long time. It all should have been overhauled at the same time as new options were added. Like here it is, fixed and with new functions.

As an example of a flawed pack DHD has been buggy from the start. With career bugs and slotting problems. Yet new packs like wedding stories arrived afterwards with bugs and got mass bug fixes pretty quickly. In this update they fixed a pair of the DHD pants... seriously? That's it? The career is broken but the pants look great! Get to Work is massively bugged, 2 careers for me are too glitchy to play but it's just been left like that.

I don't want to slam the devs, I love their work and when I've had to reach out directly they've been so gracious and generous with their reply. I'm sure they don't like the bugs either but pressure to churn out more content seems to take priority.

I just want to play my game, I've spent so much money and I love my Sims. But I feel like those of us with loads of bugs are yelling into a void right now and console players in particular seem to be way down the list of priorities.

It feels like profit over playability I'm sorry to say. I can see some love has gone into the creative side but it's wasted if we can't enjoy playing it.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 11 (666 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@simsplayer818 I totally agree with you on this. The devs do not deserve this at all. I really love this game too but some of the packs that I have in this game are super buggy and it is super annoying as well. Sometimes I just want to give up on this game completely. 😭😟😥
Message 4 of 11 (631 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@daikoyu You are right. I have to say MWS was messy but you can skip it. As for the patch you can't. I still haven't gotten the werewolves DLC yet. But I heard good things about it. So maybe I will give it a try once I buy the game. As for the auto-aging, and all the other bugs that this patch came with, I was really disappointed with how this turned out. I mean this was a complete mess. 🤦🏾‍♀️😟
Message 5 of 11 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I took a break at the start of the year because of crashing, I couldn't even load my game so I played some other games for a few weeks. Finally got it loading and then it was the gameplay that made me take another break. I couldn't do much without being hampered by bugs, even dog walking and cooking. Couldn't even have people over or meet up without them all queueing up to make de-stressing dedoction on any appliances nearby and just lining them up on the ground. Got a new Switch for my birthday and played a different, admittedly much smaller game on that but playing Sims afterwards, it really showed up the bugs. So I took another break for a bit and pinned my hopes on this update fixing at least some of the major gameplay bugs. After seeing players reactions and reports in the media I dare not even load up my game and I'm reaching out to other players I know and warning them of what has happened like it's an emergency. It's worse than I could have imagined.

I've worked in a government job and what I can't understand is how it meets consumer regulations. When a product is broken, the consumer is supposed to be protected. Instead here we are trying to help each other fix our games and commiserating with each others predicaments going back years. Surely that model is unsustainable. 

Edit: just loaded up my game with great trepidation and went into build mode to check something. Then crashed on exit...still crashing, aargh!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 6 of 11 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

It's the direction EA in general is going that's making all their games worse.

Message 7 of 11 (567 Views)

Definitely bad direction. 

You mentioned bugs and glitches, so I won't repeat it. The gameplay additions are lacking. The new pack doesn't in the end offer anything new. We got a school pack that doesn't contain anything groundbreaking - Zerbu's Go To School mod literally offers same stuff. Same for afterschool activities - they act like activities from modders. There's just lack of depth, new gameplay and animations. 

The Sims Team isn't doing great job with base game core. Wants and fears could've been system that could've changed entire experience, but instead, we got something thats worse than whims. Body hair looks worse than CC body hair from person they have in a team. Curved walls are not really free as curved walls from Paralives. 

Game does great job with inclusion, but thats it

Message 8 of 11 (545 Views)

★★ Novice

Completely! I hardly ever say a bad word about EA or The Sims, I always have patience for the bugs, and the fixes but this time around... I am SO DISSAPOINTED I am seriously considering not buying any more packs. The bugs are ridiculous and the fact that The Playtesting is so limited before release they are knowingly allowing issues out in Updates and Pack releases.

This just goes to show their integrity has vanished, and as such, this is a backward step or should I say leap! 

The Kits are a massive disappointment, and clearly, just another way to make money.

What happened to stuff packs? 

Game packs seem to give you more for your money all around but as always there are bug issues.

Then this latest expansion... I have never seen so many recolours, where are the NEW ITEMS if I wanted re-colours I would get CC, I PAY for NEW content, and this is such a rip-off, after gifting out hundreds of pounds worth of Sims Game Codes in the last few years, I won't be doing this anymore either. Why on earth would I continue to promote a game that clearly has lost interest in the community that plays it and continue to put profit first?

I am also past the point of 'NOT' blaming the GURUS because yes although they get paid, are they not the ones that play and promote these packs before they go out? Has not ONE OF THEM got a backbone to tell their bosses NO THIS GAME IS NOT READY? Have the Gurus lost touch THAT MUCH with the community and the game they are meant to LOVE SO MUCH that they are willing to crush the dreams of the community who love and follow them by continuing to promote a game they ALSO KNOW is not FIT FOR RELEASE?

In three years I have gone from worshipping this game to creating three magazines, a website, and a community to shutting the magazines and moving to our blog, hardly playing the game I literally just build for an hour a month and stepping back from the community because all we see are the problems The Sims have and NOTHING ever given back, The constant arguments over CC 'rights' and still The Sims won't stand up and say what's what, yet sit back and watch a community explode and deteriorate because they simply can't make anything clear one way or another and rely on comments from Twitter posts or forum comments from Gurus who have not a leg in the legal department.

It also disgusts me that they continue to think they can pull the wool over the communities eyes and we will continue blindly to bow down and throw rose petals at their feet for every little free piece of re-coloured base game furniture they give us and collaborations with big tech companies that are so pointless and just a money grab its shameful.

I am sooooo annoyed right now with the whole lot. 

The Sims - was once a family fun game, that had humour, had content and gave back to the community.

Now it's a political point-scoring, publicity-seeking, money-grabbing, bandwagon-jumping popularity contest with a life simulation game attached... Play with Life... more like 'The Sims was here..... 

Message 9 of 11 (533 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimSimmerly Well said. I think the Gurus are scared to say something. I feel like the Gurus are scared to speak up and say enough is enough. Or like you said, "game is not ready." After I get this pack or if I still want to get it, I will not be buying any sims games until EA shows respect to the players who play the game and also the sims team needs to speak up and says we need more time or says the game is not ready for release.
Message 10 of 11 (519 Views)