Re: Do Spellcasters count as Occult Sims?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do Spellcasters count as Occult Sims?

★★ Novice

Do Spellcaster Sims count as Occult Sims in terms of challenges? I'm doing the 100 Baby Challenge and I read one set of rules that suggested that if you have an Occult child, they count  for two children towards the 100. I have two Spellcaster daughters, and one vampire son, and while I am counting the vampire twice, I'm not sure whether to count the Spellcasters twice too. It makes sense for the vampires to count twice because they are harder to take care of, but are spellcasters really any harder to take care of than other children? Do I deserve to count them twice? Please help - I'm really confused! :D

Message 1 of 6 (1,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@FoxyAte7 Spellcasters are part of the Occult option in CAS. The Sims 4 Wiki has Spellcasters listed as an "Occult" life-state. 

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Life_state

Same thing for SimsVIP: "The Sims 4 Realm of Magic adds the new “Spellcaster” occult to the game."

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-guide/

I think it's up to you how you do the challenge and what rules you choose to follow, but I think you're pretty safe by counting spellcasters as occult for this challenge.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA (and I'm not involved with creating challenge rules).

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,003 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@FoxyAte7 Spellcasters are part of the Occult option in CAS. The Sims 4 Wiki has Spellcasters listed as an "Occult" life-state. 

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Life_state

Same thing for SimsVIP: "The Sims 4 Realm of Magic adds the new “Spellcaster” occult to the game."

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-guide/

I think it's up to you how you do the challenge and what rules you choose to follow, but I think you're pretty safe by counting spellcasters as occult for this challenge.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA (and I'm not involved with creating challenge rules).

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 2 of 6 (1,004 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness Thank you - that seems to make a lot of sense! Also this is my first ever post so thanks for replying so fast. 😁👍
Message 3 of 6 (954 Views)

★★★ Expert

@FoxyAte7 Lol your timing was really good. I just bought the RoM pack a few days ago so I've been reading up on Spellcasters. I think those challenges sound fun & I think it's awesome how many ways there are to play and enjoy this game. My current project is not so much a challenge, but I'm creating a rivalry in my game between the Spellcasters and the Vampires. Sort of like in Harry Potter with the wizards versus the Death Eaters (yup I am a nerd). Of course it's all just for fun in my version and they aren't really harming each other any more than maybe a bad or dazed moodlet for a few hours xD

Good luck on your Challenge! :D

Message 4 of 6 (938 Views)

@RandomBuzziness  Death Eaters are wizards (and witches) too!

Besides, there are plenty of adversaries of the Death Eaters you could reference if you wanted.  The Aurors, the Order of the Phoenix (always makes me think of a short story of almost the same name, but that's a different matter), Dumbledore's Army, the faculty club at Hogwarts....  I mean, not that I remember the books at what some might consider a disturbing level of detail or anything.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (929 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness No that sounds like such a good idea I might steal it 🤣
Message 6 of 6 (908 Views)