Do I Need to Delete Some of My CC?

by RandomAnonymousU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I Need to Delete Some of My CC?

★ Novice

Hello fellow simmers,

I'm a big fan of CC. I honestly think it makes the game look so much better. However for the past 2 weeks I took a break from playing the sims and downloaded lots of CC in the meantime. When I tried to play the game, it wasn't able to launch. I'd encountered this problem before so I did what I did the last time. I searched through my CC to find whichever ones were causing issues. It was a very tedious job and took up lots of my time but I finally finished. To organize my CC, I put them in folders by creators (most of the time), especially for CC from Anto, Wings, etc and once I placed folders into my main mods folder one by one the game worked. However now, when they are all together the loading screen keeps freezing up. I'm thinking I may have too much CC for the game to function, after all, it was fine before I added loads of CC over the last 2 weeks, but I'm honestly not sure. Maybe I've missed something but it would be a pain to look through a folder with 500+ CC all over again. Before I start looking through all over again, I would like to know if I may simply need to delete CC. I'm hoping to figure this out soon so I can maximize my time spent gaming instead of looking through tons of files.

Thank you in advance, 

RandomAnonymousU

Message 1 of 5 (429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I Need to Delete Some of My CC?

@RandomAnonymousU  Try the 50% method here:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

You'll be able to sort through your content a lot more quickly that way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (415 Views)

All Replies

@RandomAnonymousU  Try the 50% method here:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

You'll be able to sort through your content a lot more quickly that way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (416 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I will use this method

Message 3 of 5 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hii, I'm having the problem now as well. What was your solution if you remember?

Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

If the steps in this thread don't help out, feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)