Do EA games care about their customers?

by urchickenstripss

Original Post

Do EA games care about their customers?

★★ Novice

Hi - I'm trying to find out how to register a complaint with EA games? There doesn't appear to be any options on the website.

Earlier today I logged a support call to see if it was possible to get a reduced cost on an expansion pack bundle for Sims 4, as I already owned one of the packs in the bundle (Get Together) which is $50, and the bundle is $60. I wanted to purchase Spa day today, but seems a lot to pay another $30 for it when it's already included in the bundle with Get Together and Movie Hangout for only $10 more.

The support person (if it was a person? maybe a chatbot?) was not very helpful and just kept repeating the answer that a refund is not possible for an expansion pack. Technically that might be true, but I actually expected much better customer service from EA, considering I've been a long time customer and have already purchased a lot of the expansion packs for Sims 4.

How can I escalate this complaint further? Maybe I'm wrong, but I really expected there to be an option to 'upgrade' from the single pack to the full bundle, even if it was for a slightly higher cost than the $10 difference.

Or maybe EA doesn't really care about its customers? As long as it's still making money Frown

Message 1 of 2 (381 Views)

Re: Do EA games care about their customers?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @urchickenstripss 

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in Frown

I'm afraid information provided by one of our advisers was correct. There are certain requirements, which have to be met, if you would like to get a refund for one of our products purchased in Origin Store.

Screenshot_3.png

You can read the full article about refunds here.

I understand that you're our loyal customer and you would simply like to purchase the missing DLCs, which you think you would enjoy (I'm sorry to hear that Get Together turned out to be quite disappointing for you), but unfortunately it's not possible to compensate previous purchases in the way you've described.

If you would still like to make a complaint about it, it also has to be reported to our live support via EA Help.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)