Dissapointing Sims Content

by TranSyd0n93

Original Post

Dissapointing Sims Content

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I cannot express the level of disappointments I've experienced with the Sims 4 compared to the Sims 3 (The last good, appreciated Sims game).

I recently bought the Get Famous expansion pack after having seen a bunch of reviews. All in all, I've still been excited about the gameplay mechanics they add,although some seemed to have been cheaply created.

I haven't yet thoroughly played the dlc, however this is what I'm currently observing.

My biggest disappointment stems from the lack of actual content for the immense sticker price of $40. Yes you get a new celebrity social system, but for that money, you also only get:

- A SINGLE new profession, which is the acting career. it would've been nice to maybe at least see a refined musical professional.

- NO EXTRA  TRAITS. Only for creating a sim can you select a single new trait: "Self-Absorbed," which makes your sim tense if they don't get extra attention. While playing,however, there are no additional lifetime perks/traits you can buy for your sim. Nothing new like "Movie fanatic, Spotlighter, Crowd Pleaser," or even "Natural born" like in S3.

- No new appliances. Really? Nothing? no fancy expresso machine, walk in fridge, glass counter tops, anything? The only new non-decorative kitchen items you get are two bathroom sinks and two barstools.

- Children can become media producers just like adults? This one just didn't seem right. Seemed like lazy development choice.

Again, consider the fact that this regularly sells at $40. The base game sold at $40. This is not acceptable. Take a look at what the expansion packs for the Sims 4 offer vs the Sims 3, and it will become obvious.

Now I definitely didn't pay anywhere near that and I haven't bough anything from EA since the Sims 4 released. I just thought I could point these frustrations out and someone will heed my word or relate with them. 

Message 1 of 4 (866 Views)

Re: Dissapointing Sims Content

Champion (Retired)

@TranSyd0n93 

Two careers were added Actor and Drama Club (after school). Three new lot traits were added. If you want to see a more extensive list of what was added with Get Famous.look here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4:_Get_Famous

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (818 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I find these additions really cool, I hope we will have a lot more
Message 3 of 4 (784 Views)

Champion

@TranSyd0n93, there is an extensive system of Quirks and Perks for your celebrity Sims to obtain. Standard smile These take the place of regular traits and are more customizable since you can choose which Perks you want your Sim to have, and even totally re-assign them if you change your mind or if your Sim's story has them changing their character! 

While I also like having a new kitchen with every pack, there are some players who don't, and instead prefer more unique objects in their pack. I think with celebrities being so extravagant in real life, this made sense for this pack. Party hat  Therefore,  I often pair up my celebrity homes with the kitchen items from the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack.Standard smile  And now that we have very opulent kitchen items from the Realm of Magic Game Pack, I have also used this in some of my Divas' kitchens! Large smile

But then again, I prefer TS4 to TS3 because TS3 was a nightmare to run back in the day! AngryDisappointedDevil  However, even though I enjoy Get Famous, it is my least favorite EP for TS4.  My favorites are Cats & Dogs, and Seasons Heart, then probably City Living and Get to Work Cool.  Get Together has a powerful club system but it doesn't fit my playstyle as much as the other packs that I mentioned. Wink

But yes, I do wish they had included a musician career as well! Frown That would have been wonderful

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (735 Views)