Re: Discover university room mate system broken?

by pureedboot

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AlHollandiyahyes and no, depending on if you want to keep the Maxis Sims! Wink You can go ahead and play with them along your Sim for an extra challenge, but if you don't want them as playable Sims you can move them out of the dorm! Standard smile  

There are supposed to be 2 ways to do this but I can only get one of them to work.

What worked for me was to move your Sim in with the Maxis Sim or Sims (I saved my game right away) and then immediately go to the Manage Worlds button on the top right of the screen (looks like a grid with a location marker).  Then you should get the box asking if you want to manage worlds or save and manage worlds.  Click on either of those and you should be brought to the Britechester map.  From the map, click on the dorm where your Sim (and the Sim or Sims you can control right now) are living. Just click to highlight the dorm.  Then in the bottom right of your screen click on the button called More that looks like 3 dots.  This will bring up 3 more buttons and from here you want to click on the button that is called Manage Households (looks like 2 persons and a pencil on it). Then you should see your Sim and the Maxis Sim(s) on the left and some buttons on the right.  Click on the button with arrows going in right and left called Transfer Sims.  Then you will see another bigger box with your Sims and the other(s) on the left and a big blank space on the right.  At the top of the blank space is a long button that says Create New Household -- click on that .  Then choose the Sim or Sims you don't want to live in the dorm anymore.  In the case of the Best Friends household, you would click on both of them and their pictures will turn green at the edges.  Then click the arrow pointing to the right and the Maxis Sims you don't want will go in the blank box with yours still in the box on the left.  (If you want you can put the Maxis Sims in another household also, but I just made a new household that wasn't in the world. )  With the Maxis Sims in the right box and yours in the left you can click the check mark in the bottom right of the box.  Another box will probably pop up to confirm your decision. Standard smile
From there you can re-enter the dorm. The Maxis Sims will be located at the dorm, but they will be visitors and you can't control them anymore because they are no longer in your household! 

The other way that I couldn't get to work was to have the Maxis Sims move out by having them do so by phone (you can have them drop out of university if you want).  I tried to do this with one of the Best Friends, and she split from the household and a loading screen popped up (I assume so you could move her into a new home, and then I planned on doing this with the other Best Friend and then returning to the dorm to play my Sim)… but when the loading screen popped up it just loaded for more than 5 minutes which never happens in my game.Disappointed  I tried it twice but it happened both times. This is either a glitch in just my game, or a bug in everyone's game.Thinking  (I don't play with Mods or CC!).  

Now, about adding your own additional Sims to one of yours that is already in the dorm, I cannot get it to work!  I do not know if I'm going about it wrong or if it is a bug that might be fixed later, or if this was what the developers intended. Wondering  I will have to research this a bit more and get back to you! Raised eyebrow

You are welcome to try the 2nd method, but since I didn't get that to work I can only recommend the 1st method!Raised eyebrow
If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask! And please update on how this works for you! Angel Happy Simming! Party hat 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 15 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PugLove888Ah yes I know how to split households. So it's a hidden "play-mergable" kind of household trait that you can make use of if you want. (Which I don't, but I asked also for others). Good to know. I have already moved them out but in the end I choose the other dorm for my sim because it also had single bed rooms! Ah well....

Update: Turns out she is living in the dorm where I evicted the friends household after all. LOL. Now back to testing the source of the paper term bug!

Message 12 of 15 (702 Views)

Champion

@AlHollandiyah, yes I found that if you don't want to play with the Maxis-made dorm residents, then it is just easier to use the other dorm at either campus.  At least they left one dorm on each campus completely free of already formed households.  Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 15 (688 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having the same issue @DopieDopeSim. My Sim moved into a dorm with 10 rooms and nobody else has moved in. No other Sims (except Vladislaus) have even entered the building. She's completely alone up there! This is in a completely fresh save with all the original Britechester campus students, too.

Message 14 of 15 (643 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have had DU since early 2020, yet I hadn't played the Foxbury side of it, until recently, I have two Playable sims in a dorm with 4 rooms and 8 beds, I assigned two of those, yet days go by, and never had a random student move in. Food was delivered only once, at the start, Now i have to order pizzas to fulfil their hungries. As Build mode is grayed out, so Never made any changes to that dorm.

I did not have this issue with Ubrite's, although it can take a lot time for beds to fill up, from a Empty state to Move-In. 

Message 15 of 15 (312 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help