Re: [Discover University] Final Exams Happening Early

by PugLove888

Original Post

Champion

@gjbbuitelaar @Mindyflyz @staacaay_x and @CGrant56 ,  I think a lot of confusion would be cleared up if they gave us a calendar to keep track of our classes , like they gave us in Seasons to keep track of our holidays.  Having a clearly marked start of term and end of term would be a huge help!  Also this would allow us to see any club activities and classes on any given day!  I do hope they upgrade this pack to have a calendar like this.Fingers crossed  The survey from a couple of weeks ago mentioned the possibility of upgrading some packs , and this could be one of them! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 13 (343 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this issue consistently also.  For the first two terms, my sims will have the final for the M/W/F class on the last of those days before the semester ends.  Yet consistently (2 new games and five sims after I first encountered the issue) in the third term, my sim will take their finals on the second of those three days (i.e., on Wednesday when the semester started on Monday).  I completely removed my mods folder for the first of the new games with no change to the issue and am only using MC Command Center for this last save game, but I am still having this issue.

Message 12 of 13 (173 Views)

University final happening days early

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack and kit except for Modern Menswear, Bathroom Clutter, and Bust the Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is happening with a second gen sim. I originally enrolled her in University when she was a teen and she is going back to college as a Young Adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim starts college on Fridays, but their first official day of class is Monday, which would make their final exams on Friday for applicable classes. Instead, class finals are happening days before the official last day of class. The first time it was Wednesday when the finals happened, and then a second final happened Friday. This time, the final is happening on Monday.
What do you expect to see? Finals happening on the day that they are supposed to happen/
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, my sim has been enrolled at University twice. The first time, I lost an athletic scholarship after I saved the game and left. Soon after, her classes started operating on weird schedules. It seems to only affect Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes, not the Tuesday/Thursday classes. I will get a notification saying that my final exam is in an hour, even though when I go to the sims panel I still have three days of classes left. My sim will go to class, be told that she did poorly, and then she can no longer interact (study) for that class from that point on. Yet, when Friday comes around, she goes back to that class again and takes the final for a second time.

The first time this happened, it happened on Wednesday. I sent her back to University for a different degree, and now it is happening on Monday. I have attached a screen shot with the notification and the class schedule which shows that she still has days left.

Message 13 of 13 (167 Views)