Re: Disallowed Gallery Words

by PugLove888

Original Post

Disallowed Gallery Words

★★★★★ Novice

I have reworded this sooooo many times but I've apparently not found the seemingly bad word lol. May I ask what it is??

And to avoid this in the future could we possibly add a highlight on what word is banned? Maybe even a petition for an unreasonably disallowed word..

Message 1 of 8 (6,119 Views)

★★★ Guide

I could not find anything wrong either, but as a test, maybe take out the name of the sim, and see if that is it. There does not seem to be a bad word, but who knows how computer algorithms work.

Message 2 of 8 (6,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mariahkaye13, yes, I would try what @RavenLure suggested!  Sometimes words or even just certain combinations of letters are band because of slang using that word or letter combinations. I've had this happen to myself several times, and I've known people who couldn't even upload their Sim-Selves because their own name was disallowed. Devil The same goes even for Sims made after famous people like Charles Dickens, the author of A Christmas Carol! Disappointed  Also, a word that is acceptable in several languages might be a bad word in another language. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (6,067 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mariahkaye13 
The filters can be brutal and many times there is no obvious reason.
Other language translations are sometimes the culprit.

I can verify that name may be what is being blocked by the system.
A long while back I created the T Kettle Twins inspired by a Nursery Rhyme Polly Put the Kettle On.
I named one Polly but had to rename her twin SuZey because the original name was blocked.

Please feel free to add your voice to this thread.
[COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Unjustified-disallowed-words/m-p/3508113#M19...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 8 (6,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I took out the names and I ended up having to change the name because Lakshmi is disallowed. Funniest part is I randomized ther name and that was a suggested one lol. So I changed the names all around, even removed the names from the description. Something still doesn't work.

Message 5 of 8 (6,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Even after changing the names and removing then from the description it still wouldn't allow me to post it. So I just posted without any description..

Message 6 of 8 (6,023 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mariahkaye13  I love reading the story in the descriptions. So sorry you had to delete it get it to upload.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 8 (6,003 Views)

Champion

@mariahkaye13, while that is ridiculous that a word the game's randomizer suggested is banned on the Gallery, this is probably because the Gallery's filter has been updated to keep up with slang, and yet the game's name randomizer has not been updated!  Disappointed

And like @EuphorialQueen , I always love reading the descriptions of Sims or householdsHeart , so this is really sad it had to be deleted! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (5,977 Views)