Disable "woohoo" appropriate for kids and families

by FamilyFun1689

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disable "woohoo" appropriate for kids and families

★★★★ Novice

Sims 4. My kids love this game. It is creative and fun and teaches them a lot. They enjoy building with it, creating people etc. but I am considering deleting it because there is no way to disable the "woohoo" function. I don't appreciate having this function in my game and I certainly don't appreciate my children having access to it. There are cheats for tons of other things. I looked up a lot of forums on this subject and there are many parents out there who feel the same. I would appreciate a cheat that allows this function to be disabled. This is such a great game with so many cool features, but I will not continue to purchase products from a company that will not give the opportunity to protect family values. 

Message 1 of 10 (19,013 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disable "woohoo" appropriate for kids and families

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @FamilyFun1689

I can understand your concern and desire to ensure that the content your children are playing is age appropriate for them. This is why we make sure to assign an age rating to our games. The content in The Sims 4 is age appropriate for Teens (13+) in accordance with the ESRB age rating, including the WooHoo function in-game. Standard smileOur game, The Sims 4 received the rating T for Teens as there are suggestive themes among others that would not be suitable for children as an example.

It is unlikely the WooHoo feature will be disabled or cheats added for that as a result but we will let players know if that changes in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and perspective on the Woohoo function as a parent to minors.Standard smile

On another note, if you - or future readers - have underage children, you can set-up a child account which will have parental controls and restrictions in place to protect children and help them stay safe while they play. For more information on underage players and child accounts please see the spoiler tag.  

Spoiler
Please read on to learn how to set-up age appropriate accounts: 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (18,854 Views)

All Replies

@FamilyFun1689  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 game info section.  Game-specific feedback can go here, or you might try posting on the official Sims forums:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (18,991 Views)

@FamilyFun1689 

The Sims 4 has age ratings depending on which country you are in (predominantly English speaking countries below):

UK & Europe - 12

USA - T for Teen

Australia & NZ - M for Mature 

Woohoo is considered an appropriate in-game action for these ages. If your children are younger, perhaps they can play other games until you feel they are old enough to understand Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 10 (18,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Message 4 of 10 (18,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are right that it is rated “teen” but it seems like it would be a simple thing for EA to add a cheat to disable that part of the game. I’m in my 30s and I don’t want it in my game when I play either. I’m not asking them to take it away from people that want it, but if they enable a cheat they could have a much broader audience. Of course I always have the option not to let them play but it is sad because this is a cool kid game in a lot of ways. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Message 5 of 10 (18,889 Views)

Here you have an old post on the official Sims forums. It mentions a cheat you could try, also a mod you could try:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/862414/how-is-disable-woohoo-game-experience-different-f...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 10 (18,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @FamilyFun1689

I can understand your concern and desire to ensure that the content your children are playing is age appropriate for them. This is why we make sure to assign an age rating to our games. The content in The Sims 4 is age appropriate for Teens (13+) in accordance with the ESRB age rating, including the WooHoo function in-game. Standard smileOur game, The Sims 4 received the rating T for Teens as there are suggestive themes among others that would not be suitable for children as an example.

It is unlikely the WooHoo feature will be disabled or cheats added for that as a result but we will let players know if that changes in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and perspective on the Woohoo function as a parent to minors.Standard smile

On another note, if you - or future readers - have underage children, you can set-up a child account which will have parental controls and restrictions in place to protect children and help them stay safe while they play. For more information on underage players and child accounts please see the spoiler tag.  

Spoiler
Please read on to learn how to set-up age appropriate accounts: 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 10 (18,855 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Shame ..... shame. EA refuses to give this as an option?!? Not asking to have it removed from the game, just as an option for those of us who don't want their TEENS as well to have this feature. Try harder and do better EA .
Message 8 of 10 (15,591 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jsqwagger 

It may come as a shock to you but Teenagers likely knows more about WooHoo than you do. They might think that WooHoo in the game looks funny but that is it.

You do know that there are such a thing as sxxeducation in school right. It is an attitude like yours that does that USA has the highest number of teenage pregnancies in the western world especially in the so called bible belt. Whenever one of these teenagers come to their mother the conversation goes something like this: "But mama I didn't know I could become pregnant that way" maybe followed by: "You told me only married adults get pregnant". Would you rather have a pregnant teenager or a teenager that knows what it is all about?

I hope this gave you some food for thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 10 (15,574 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

Since this is a pretty old thread that was inactive for quite a while I went ahead and locked it to prevent further necro-posting. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (15,562 Views)