Re: Dine Out

by SheriGR

Original Post

Dine Out

★★★ Newbie

I have multiple points to make:

-staff often don’t arrive for multiple minutes after opening the restaurant 

-hosts won’t assign tables although multiple tables are available of various sizes

-customers take 24hours + to eat, meaning that the restaurant is unprofitable because staff are too tired to work

-waiters and chefs are slow and often stand and do nothing although there is work to be done

all in all I (and many others) pair for this pack, and the main feature in the pack doesn’t work. Step up sims team, you’ve improved areas of the pack recently but it’s not done yet! 
thank you

Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)

Re: Dine Out

Champion

@Howellllll11 I agree that Dine Out's code could use some love, so hopefully it may have things that are being worked on. I have owned and run restaurants, but haven't played one recently, so there may be issues I'm not aware of, so I will also add a couple bug reports that you could check to see if they are shared issues.

- staff often don’t arrive for multiple minutes after opening the restaurant 

• This can be frustrating. It may help you have more patience with this if you open the restaurant right before you travel there. This way they're usually there before you. (Not a solution, but it may help with frustration.)
  • I usually hire one more waiter and one more cook than I can get by with. This gives some flexibility for if one is slacking off a bit, or the occasional no-show.
  • If you remember to save your game before you open the restaurant - and before you leave your lot to go there, if you have a no-show employee (especially if it's the host or if you only have one cook or waiter - so you cannot open), you will then have the option of exiting the game without saving and then re-enter and go in again. Almost always things are normal after doing this for me. (In other words, the no-show shows up.)
  • Training, having positive relationships with employees, encouraging them, checking on them, promoting them, not over-working them, and keeping the menu a couple of tiers in skill below the least experienced cooks' skill level until they are top-notch, help clear things, and 'working the room' are all ways to help with employee morale and satisfaction. This will go a long way toward better results for you too.
  • Running the restaurant well is a lot of work for quite a while, but eventually they all improve in skills and you get the swing of balancing things also.

- hosts won’t assign tables although multiple tables are available of various sizes

• The host may need training or be unhappy. (See above recommendations.)
  • Occasionally a Sim will get in a loop/freeze. You can try resetting the Sim.
  • Is the workload too heavy? Less is more on number of tables, offerings, etc. until everyone is well trained. Plus it's just not good to have too many tables. Keep to about 3-4 tables per waiter. Plus if you have a lot of tables the poor host has to work very hard since you can only have one host.'
  • Get the host's name and hunt them down in Manage Households. What are their traits? If they have bad traits for the job you could change their traits or fire them and hire someone else. I've sometimes put my staff all into a furnished home. 

- customers take 24hours + to eat, meaning that the restaurant is unprofitable because staff are too tired to work

• Big red flag... after 8-10 (possibly up to 12? Feel it out.) hours you need to close the restaurant and send that staff home!! (see above)
  • If the customer(s) are taking too long to eat try resetting them if they are in a loop.
  • You can get rewards that will help. 
    For example: Go to Business perks > Restaurant Perks
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 4.15.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-10 at 4.16.57 PM.png

- waiters and chefs are slow and often stand and do nothing although there is work to be done

• See above recommendations for hosts and staff.

Here is a great Carl's Guide on Restaurants with tips and tricks: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/managing-your-restaurant.php

If these are issues you're having you could 'Me Too' them to help the bug report get attention.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)