Difference between deactivating and deleting your account

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Re: Deactivating EA Account - will it affect my XBox Live

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_LannaOk. But if I keep everything in one thread, it won’t necessarily get seen, and if a question I really need an answer to has not been answered within 48 hours, that’s what I assume, only because that’s the way EA Help does it.
That’s why I created a new topic (thread). Because I assumed my first one got missed since it wasn’t bolded (which I get now - why it wasn’t in bold).
I’ll try not to create as many topics in the future.
If you edit a post, then, does that put it at the top of the que? Or if you add a post, does that put it at the top? Does anything besides creating a New Topic put it at the top?

Message 11 of 15 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @CharlieDaisy12,

Editing a post will not bump it. Posting a post in a thread will bump the thread. We encourage members to use bumps wisely though so as not to spam the board that way either. Please review our forum rules are a good guide for engaging on the forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/AHQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534

I feel it's important to clarify this; Answers HQ is first and foremost a player-helping-player community platform. Players respond and share their advise or their workarounds to the threads and posts shared here. Community Managers like @EA_Barry and myself, will post in threads and offer advise whenever we can spare but as you've seen this isn't something we can do for every thread or post created. If you are ever in need of one-on-one support from EA or require an answer relatively quickly from EA, it would be best to take advantage of the official and dedicated support channels EA have in place such as the ones' I've linked above. EA Help articles on the EA Help site also hold a wealth of information (example of one would be the link EA_Barry shared).

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 12 of 15 (427 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Lanna Excellent. Thank you.👍 I can’t find the Accept As Solution button. I was going to push it earlier. Maybe there isn’t one for EA officials.
Message 13 of 15 (418 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @CharlieDaisy12,

That's ok. EA_Barry's post has been marked as solution already (it's limited to one post a thread): https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Difference-between-deactivating-and-deleting-y...

All the best,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 14 of 15 (416 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Lanna 👍😊
Message 15 of 15 (386 Views)