Re: Deactivating EA Account - will it affect my XBox Live

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Difference between deactivating and deleting your account

★★★★ Guide

I’m looking into deactivating or deleting my accounts, but I’m not sure how it works. If I completely delete my account, does that mean all my posts here at the forum are deleted, too? That’s what it seems to be saying in the literature, but I wanted to make sure before doing anything hasty. Thank you!

Message 1 of 15 (1,880 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Difference between deactivating and deleting your account

Community Manager

@CharlieDaisy12 

• You’ll be removed as a user from all EA Forums, and if you’ve posted on an EA Forum, we will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. If you have an EA Forum account that doesn’t use your EA Account credentials to login, such as a SWTOR Forum account, then you will need to make a separate request to delete those.

Check the following link for more info on the difference between deactivating and deleting: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/close-ea-account

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (1,867 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@CharlieDaisy12 

• You’ll be removed as a user from all EA Forums, and if you’ve posted on an EA Forum, we will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. If you have an EA Forum account that doesn’t use your EA Account credentials to login, such as a SWTOR Forum account, then you will need to make a separate request to delete those.

Check the following link for more info on the difference between deactivating and deleting: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/close-ea-account

barry.png
Message 2 of 15 (1,868 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Barry Thank you!
Message 3 of 15 (1,855 Views)

Deactivating EA Account - will it affect my XBox Live

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thank you for your recent clarification re: deletion vs deactivation. I now know it is deactivation I am looking at. I want my posts to stay. But I’m also an avid XBox Live player. Will deactivation affect me playing games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars Battlefront? Will I still be able to play those games online? In other words, is my account here strictly to do with your online apps, or will it affect me in other arenas?

As I mentioned in my previous post on this issue, deactivating my account could affect my XBox Live. Because I’m playing two games now this involves 2 separate accounts, 2 separate Apple IDs.
While I tend to stick to the two basic games I love, which I can play offline if I have to, my friend goes through video games like soda pop, and if one of the games she wants to play just happens to be an EA game, and it won’t connect to XBox Live because I blocked her access due to deactivation, she’s not going to be happy. And I don’t find gamers hang around long waiting before going on to the next thing. She won’t anyway, but she’ll be upset that she spent what she did and it’s not working, which will be my doing. 
I’m thinking these questions have exceeded the purposes of this forum, and I should be calling EAHelp now. But your department has not responded to my query within two business days, so I don’t know for sure. Please let me know where I should direct these questions. I would appreciate it. 
thank you. 😊

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 4 of 15 (1,833 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Lanna do you have an answer to this question by chance?
Message 5 of 15 (1,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @CharlieDaisy12,

Apologies, after merging your questions I got pulled away. The joys of being a Community Manager. Standard smile In regards to your questions, the short answer is this; any EA games linked to your EA account will be impacted by an EA account deactivation.

If you deactivate your account, the connected EA games will be impacted (unplayable online) for as long as it remains deactivated. This includes EA games on connected accounts like a linked Xbox account or a PlayStation account. If/when you choose to active the account down the line, the lock on the EA games from that EA account will be lifted too and be playable online again once more.

For account specifics, I'd suggest speaking with our support team directly as they will be the experts on account related issues. They can be reached through the following channels:

• EA Advisor - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance 
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page  

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 15 (1,784 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Lanna Thanks. It’s not good news, I was hoping the app portion and Xbox Live portion would be separate, but thank you for your reply. 
I do agree that this is more of a follow up question to my original post, but I posted it separately because the first one had been missed. It says in the literature you linked me that we should start a new post if it’s been more than 24 hours without a reply. I didn’t think all posts got a reply anyway. So I was wondering if this one qualified. 
But I have an answer to my question now.
And I feel that EA should consider splitting these two up, because unlike playing a console game, app gaming is really dicey. You can lose things so easily, and whose fault is that. A lot goes wrong because of constant information overload, and personally, I’m not used to that. I’d rather just have my game and have it work. 
But this is a good game. It’s too bad. 
Thank you for your response. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,771 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @CharlieDaisy12,

In my earlier post, I'm speaking to how an EA deactivation will interact with PC, Xbox and PlayStation EA games. The support team may be able to offer more insight in regards to how it interacts with mobile gaming apps if that was the purpose of your question, as I'm not confident on that side to advise you on it.

Please do get in touch with the support team when you get a moment.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 15 (1,765 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Lanna Ok. Thanks.👍
Message 9 of 15 (1,763 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @CharlieDaisy12

I'd like to get back to you in regards to this also:

@CharlieDaisy12 wrote:

It says in the literature you linked me that we should start a new post if it’s been more than 24 hours without a reply.

To be clear, a new post is not the same as a new thread. Here you created 3 separate threads to ask questions related to the same issue which I've since merged together (the latest two were further merged into one post). In those cases, it's best to keep q's, asks for clarifications and information shared on the same subject in the one space, i.e. the one thread, as creating multiple threads is considered spamming the topic. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Take care,

EA_Lanna

Message 10 of 15 (1,759 Views)