Re: Did I just pay for a"butler" that isn't, functionally, a butler at

by Nozladi

Original Post

Champion

@Sashas0nic Sounds like your usage falls in the second group I mentioned (sorry... I added to my last post after posting, so you will have to refer to that), and kudos to you for that! :eahigh_file: 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 15 (552 Views)

@Duchess_Morgan  I moved your thread because you originally posted in a more general section, not one for Sims games.  I believe I saw your post in Origin technical issues, which is for problems related to the Origin app itself, not within a game that Origin is running.  Or it might have been in EA general questions, which deals with EA-related information rather than games.

Either way, Sims 4-related issues get moved into a Sims 4 section, where the helpers have actually played the game and will be able to offer specific advice and tips, as happened here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (535 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict   Eep!  Sorry! And thank you.

Message 13 of 15 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

(edit: this isn't really meant to generate a "fix" at this point, it's just a funny story shared to vent a little frustration.  The console version _is_ showing me some legitimate bugs, but I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do.)

I played a bit more. The whole thing is... Not so good, huh?  I now have a butler, a maid, a gardener, and a nanny - which, inexplicably, you have to call several times a day, every day?

The previous butler became so obsessed with the principal's bathtub that they just essentially never left the bathroom unless someone else chased them out to use the facilities. It was an interesting study in phycology how much it infuriated me when they'd strip down for a bubble bath. I decided the easiest way to * (odd - the word for removing something with a quick, sharp, sudden movement is profanity?) them out of there was to hop into build mode and pull the bathtub out from under them, but (unsurprisingly) this did nothing to curb their desire for it. 

I finally fired her (and got charged a bit over 1,100 for her final day? That's a really good wage to get drunk and sit in your boss's bathtub) and locked the bathroom door - which, predictably, just inordinately aggravates me to have to do.  The new butler is also 95% useless, only occasionally doing something in her job description seemingly on accident, or if someone specifically tells her to. She also spends most of her time goofing off, or staring into space (which I've noticed the two principals doing more and more now as well - I thought maybe it was part of being an "elder" but the "adult" one does it too.  I've also noticed some animation glitches, like a sim just standing still with a screwdriver stuck through her hand while "repairing" something)

I decided the principal sim in that household should probably spawn, so someone will get the house and money - though, probably not as much money as I initially thought.  In the modern US or Europe, those kids would never have to work - they'd just live off the royalties of mom 1's numerous bestsellers and other excellent books. In Sim-land, I'm thinking those books probably become public domain the second mom 1 dies. I mean... She worked the better part of an afternoon on some of those books! Wink

So, mom 2 has never had a job.  The bills are around $5k/wk for the house, and the breadwinner _might_ live until the kid is a YA.  I don't think they get to keep the house. Standard smile

Anyway, the kid will probably be a serial killer - it's difficult to watch happen, even in a cartoon video game, but I've let it run for a while, For Science. 

I've seen her just bawling her eyes out, trapped in her high-chair, filthy, dirty diaper, hungry, at least three need-bars zeroed.  Mom2 is working out, and wishing she could steal something (somehow my rich author sim managed to find a klepto to fall in love with - go figure), mom 1 is having senior moments in her office, the (also senior) butler is reading a book on how to be a butler - which she may learn, just before she dies. The maid - who knows. I think I've actually seen him, once. The nanny is chatting with mom 1, between making several family meals and cleaning up some of the numerous piles of filth the maid and butler haven't touched. No less than three sims with program responsibility for caring for the poor little urchin have stood next to her and commented on how bad she smells, before going on to other things. 

Sim Protective Services need to come in here, take the kid, and feed all the adults into a wood chipper. This would make a really dark youtube channel. 

And, when I loaded the game, it gave me that tip screen again - when you hire a butler, consider letting the other help go, 'cause the butler is going to handle all that stuff!  :: stares in bitter, derisive laughter::

'Course, I guess it's true. The butler is at least as good at ignoring her duties as the maid and the nanny, combined.  The gardener, she's a mensch. Those plants look great. Everyone else should crowd into the workshop and set it on fire. Standard smile

Message 14 of 15 (493 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you!!! I jumped off my couch to give this a standing ovation. It's aggravating at the least and infuriating at most. I also hate that the Butler is considered an employee; they are, but it doesn't separate them from a maid for the purpose of locking doors. AND, btw, I gave the Butler's quarters the SAME upgraded tub and he would STILL use mine. The Butler won't do laundry. He'll take it out of the dryer, but never put it away. The maid does the laundry. But she CAN'T get in my room!! I had to delete hampers because they'd effect moods with their green smoke signifying nasty odors. 

As far as answering the front door, the task designation is all or nothing. There isn't a real reason why an algorithm couldn't be created to have the door answered and a yes or no command box pop up to be chosen by the Household members. Or even create a friends list that allows us to mark whose allowed in the house. 

At least mine cleans and isn't drinking all day. He sometimes cooks. Which isn't too inconvenient. And he cleans up the yard, deck, and front porch after the dog. 

Message 15 of 15 (388 Views)