Re: Design tool

by PugLove888

Original Post

Design tool

★★★ Newbie

I really, really, miss the design too that was in Sims 3.  Where you could go in and change the pattern and colors of objects.  Is there any plan to incorporate this feature into the Sims 4?

I am an avid Sims player and have been playing since the original Sims.  Not having the design tool feature in Sims 4 feels like a big step backwards.  I read the forums and know other players would also like to see this feature in Sims 4.

Also, I hate that you can only purchanse some objects by reaching certain career levels. Very annoying.

Thank you for listening go my suggestions and rants.

Sallie Hawkins

Message 1 of 4 (2,910 Views)

EA Staff

@SallieH

Hello Sallie,

Thank you very much for sharing your suggestion and feedback regarding the design tool. I haven't heard any official news when it comes to the fate of design tools in Sims 4, but we will forward the feedback for the tool Standard smile

PS! If you are willing to cheat a bit, you can unlock career rewards with the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or even advice for other players.

- Kristi

Message 2 of 4 (2,892 Views)

Champion

SallieH, I too REALLY miss the Design Tool!  I hate when I have the perfect style of furniture or clothes but the colors are all wrong, especially with Tops & Bottoms! While I don't work for The Sims, or Maxis, Origin, or EA, before the Sims4 came out I think I remember them saying they were not planning on having a Design Tool because it makes the game lag waaaaay too much!  Devil  This was true with my Sims 3 game, as I wanted to save every pattern or color I came across!  I was a "design hoarder", and it almost made my game unplayable. Oops  But I loved it soooo much and wish I could have it every time I Create a new Sim in The Sims4.  (Especially with some hair features that have flowers, or headbands, or jewels in their hair, but the color you get depends on your Sims' hair color. Teeth bared  If it doesn't match their outfit, you have to change their hair color to get the outfit colors to match!   So, I commiserate with you, even if I understand why they didn't include it with TS4!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (2,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a pretty old thread now, but I would also like to see the design tool from Sims 3 brought back to Sims 4. For someone like me with medically diagnosed OCD, I can literally go crazy trying to match windows for like four hours. I don't see it a lot here on EA's site, but I know the Sims community has a large amount of fans that want to see this feature implemented again.

Message 4 of 4 (1,151 Views)