Re: Design Styles Need to Be Revamped

by canelacaliente

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

After playing Dream Home Decorator, it is really obvious the decor style categories in the game need to be fully revamped.  These are the issues I ran into:

• There are several uncategorized objects.  For example, the garden gnomes don't appear under the garden category.
  • A lot of build mode objects are miscategorized.  For example, the For Every Season room should be under garden but it is under Basics.
  • Matching objects from the same pack are under different styles.  For example, the Brunch with Vetta dining table from Get Together is categorized under Basics.  The exact same table without the umbrella which is the A Large Brunch with Vetta Dining Table is categorized under French Country.
  • The Basics category doesn't really have a style.  It has a bunch of different styles and it doesn't make sense.  For example, almost all the objects from the Vintage Glamour pack are under Basics while the items from My First Pet Stuff are also under Basics.  These are two clearly different styles.
  • Entire packs are uncategorized or only have a few objects categorized.  For example, the Get to Work expansion pack only has a single plant in a category.  Same with the objects from Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, and Knifty Knitting.
  • Some categories are very sparse.  They don't contain that much furniture.  These include Shotgun, Double Gallary, 
  • The mix and match of styles in packs don't give enough to decorate an entire house.  I would rather have 1-2 styles that decorate an entire house than 4-6 styles.
  • Some objects that don't need styles have them.  For example, laptops.
  • The styles Patio and Garden are redundant.  Different styles can fit into each category.  These should be build mode categories rather than design styles.

My Suggestions

1. Flesh out the base game styles that are missing objects in a free update instead of random objects that don't really add much to the game.
    1. Cosmolox - Add kitchen objects and create a kitchen room that matches the other rooms
    2. Mission - Add kitchen and bathroom objects and create a kitchen and bathroom that matches the other rooms
  2. Have set color swatches for each style so we can make the objects match with base game objects.  Also, put the swatches in corresponding positions.
  3. For future expansion packs give enough objects to complete a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, and study in a single decor style.
  4. Make objects in future packs better match with base game objects if they are within the same design style.

Message 1 of 3 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert
Message 2 of 3 (1,176 Views)

Message 3 of 3 (1,135 Views)