Re: Deleting households per save game

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleting households per save game

★ Guide

Dear Simmers,

I have just started a new save game. I'm deleting all the houses there because I want a save game where I build everything myself (and some lots from the gallery). But can I safely delete all the base households? Will the sims 4 households (like Landgraab, the Goths and the newer ones like Tinker and Sterling) stay in my other save game? Or will they disappear from the game entirely? 

Thanks for answering! 

Message 1 of 4 (3,907 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

If you are on pc then i can help a bit,and i don't no how adept you are with your computer, so forgive me if i type too much.

Your save game neighborhoods are saved in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/saves folder,the file is saved as Slot_00000001.save, everytime you create a new game and you don't delete the otd 1, the new hood would be Slot_00000002.save, i am up to slot 9,also note if you have to move your folders due to a game breaking glitch and do a clean install of the folder, it will go back to slot 1 new file again,so when you put back your old hood make sure its not the same filename, you can rename the new hood to the next number not used. 

Only your created sims,houses you build and save to your library and items you download from the gallery are saved in the sims 4 'tray' folder,to use in all hoods, just in case you didn't know that.

As far as deleting all premades household sims and unplayed townies,note that the game requires special sims pending on the packs you have, like sages,so you wouldn't want to delete them,unless you are familiar how to create new ones,or else it will just spawn another sage that might look worse than the originals,(unsure about deleting premade celebrities,mermaids,if they are required). For vendors it picks any sim,when i start a new hood,since it doesn't have enough townies spawned, i see bella,eva,even teen premades as the vendor.

So if you are going to delete them all, i suggest you make just enough to fill at least vendor slots,so it won't spawn too many unwanted townies.

Good luck and enjoy 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,863 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Lavendela91  Any changes to the sims and everything in the worlds are save exclusive; so anytime you create a new save, and a new folder, you will have the premade/shipped worlds the same way as when you first bought the game/pack. 

As to deleting sims - I would very much like that to be answered by someone knowledgeable in the languages TS4 is written in, and will follow this thread. Great question! Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (3,899 Views)

★ Guide

If you are on pc then i can help a bit,and i don't no how adept you are with your computer, so forgive me if i type too much.

Your save game neighborhoods are saved in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/saves folder,the file is saved as Slot_00000001.save, everytime you create a new game and you don't delete the otd 1, the new hood would be Slot_00000002.save, i am up to slot 9,also note if you have to move your folders due to a game breaking glitch and do a clean install of the folder, it will go back to slot 1 new file again,so when you put back your old hood make sure its not the same filename, you can rename the new hood to the next number not used. 

Only your created sims,houses you build and save to your library and items you download from the gallery are saved in the sims 4 'tray' folder,to use in all hoods, just in case you didn't know that.

As far as deleting all premades household sims and unplayed townies,note that the game requires special sims pending on the packs you have, like sages,so you wouldn't want to delete them,unless you are familiar how to create new ones,or else it will just spawn another sage that might look worse than the originals,(unsure about deleting premade celebrities,mermaids,if they are required). For vendors it picks any sim,when i start a new hood,since it doesn't have enough townies spawned, i see bella,eva,even teen premades as the vendor.

So if you are going to delete them all, i suggest you make just enough to fill at least vendor slots,so it won't spawn too many unwanted townies.

Good luck and enjoy 

Message 3 of 4 (3,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Lavendela91 

Anything you do on your NEW save game will have absolutely no effect upon any other save games.

You can safely delete all townies in a save, however, the game will just create new ones to fill various positions needed.  It has to do this or a lot of the game won't work.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (3,857 Views)