Dear Sims Team, Please Listen When we ask for Maternity Items!!! PLEASE, PLEASE?

by danigurrl98

Original Post

Dear Sims Team, Please Listen When we ask for Maternity Items!!! PLEASE, PLEASE?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I really feel the need to bring this up, because it's been an issue for years. However, instead of working on this, the Sims team decided we needed talking llamas and bunny rabbits. Don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but I would rather get the fundamental gameplay features than a pack with some llamas and cutesy animals. When do you plan to update babies, if at all? Some things we're dying for:

-Some really sweet maternity clothing (shirts, dresses, and paints aimed toward pregnant sims) and hairstyles

-New baby interactions and maybe ohhh I don't know, NOT having to keep them constantly in a bassinet? (Just saying)

-Option to bathe babies in the sink

-Nursery items! Cribs, rocking chairs (THAT SHOULD BE IN THE BASE GAME, WE SHOULD NOT NEED TO FORK OVER MONEY FOR A ROCKING CHAIR), wallpapers, couches, high-chairs, baby rockers, changing tables, etc.

-Make the babies look more human

-ALLOWING PARENTS TO GIVE UP CHILDREN FOR ADOPTION

-Being able to adopt a child that was taken away or given up from another household (they shouldn't just disappear into the void)

-Buffs that will be individual to each sim's pregnancy. For instance, some sims will have an easy-breezy pregnancy while others have a difficult pregnancy, and some have it in the middle. As well as buffs giving the sims different emotions about their pregnancy depending on their traits and a little bit on randomness.

-Ultrasounds (send a pregnant sim to the doctor, they come back with an ultrasound providing the likely gender, and number of babies)

Overall,

I would just really like to see the Sims team put a good effort into something that matters so much to the community. Having a ton of new interactions for babies, a more interactive pregnancy, and adorable new curtains, wallpapers, and baby furniture would absolutely make me so excited. If modders who are unpaid for doing things like this can manage to add things to the game, I believe that the Sims team, who actually ARE paid and have more resources, can do it too. I recently had COVID, and am still recovering my smell and taste, so it is difficult to interact with the real world when I barely feel connected to it. To have this kind of expansion to the game would really mean the world to me and make my recovery more enjoyable. I am absolutely positive that other simmers feel the same, and I hope they'll stand with me in this earnest request.

Respectfully,

Emily

Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: Dear Sims Team, Please Listen When we ask for Maternity Items!!! PLEASE, PLE

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree with mostly everything except the miscarriage part. 

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: Dear Sims Team, Please Listen When we ask for Maternity Items!!! PLEASE, PLE

★ Apprentice
@danigurrl98 I think a good thing to add with this would be story progression (that you can toggle). Console simmers have wanted this for years, and I would love to have my kids move out and have families without having to do rotational play.
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@danigurrl98 I agree mostly with what you said, the baby's in sims 4 are less cute than the baby's from sims 2 and 3. Ooh singing a lullaby for a baby sim is wholesome!
Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)