Re: Day and night question

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Day and night question

★★★ Guide

Hey all. 

So I am absolutely loving this new night feature, the house and lanterns look so good!

However I have a somewhat confusing question. 

I'm in Australia, and the time my house was dark was when it was also night here (in real life lol)

I attended a party and their house was nearly in the dark 😂

So I'm a bit confused, if I hold a party do they see it say as nighttime on their end? Or daytime lit up if they are in daytime in real life? 

I'm confused and curious how the function works 

Message 1 of 7 (608 Views)

When it's dark out or you have the setting to always dark it will be dark in your friends house. 

If it's light our or you have the setting to always light it will be light in your friends house.

So you see what your setting is on, not what their setting is on.

I got a little confused myself with the auto lights, as it means the lights will go on/off when a Sim coming in or leaves the room. But in The Sims Mobile that means the lights will go on when it's dark

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (595 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Phantomlover1717 thank you for that answer, I was curious myself. I do have another question though. I just took a picture of a friends fish tank, and in real life fish tanks are usually illuminated. My fish tank is in a lit room with lights, and my friends is not so I took that picture. Should the fish tank be illuminated considering it has neon fish in it?
Message 3 of 7 (561 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here's the picture:

20200204_170121.jpg

Message 4 of 7 (560 Views)

@givememore86 I found an item I thought should be light up as well.
With your image I thought, let me just make a feedback post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Day-Night-update-feedback-lights/m-p/8713413/h...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 7 (539 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Phantomlover1717 There's a setting for this?
I kind of like the day and night cycle automatically, but I'm curious if I host a party when my house is dark at night, the Sims that come will also see it dark correct?

Only reason I'm asking is because I love the look of my house at night, and want to host a party while it's all nice and cosy
Message 6 of 7 (500 Views)
Highlighted

@JustJazzy81 yes! You can find the setting in the settings:

Screenshot_20200205-141035_The Sims.jpg

Your friends will see your house in the setting they have. I have it set to always dark right now, but when I throw a party and Salix visits my house and has her setting on always daylight she'll see my house in daylight.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 7 (464 Views)