Re: Dating Expansion Idea for Sims 4?

by Eragongirl1

Original Post

Dating Expansion Idea for Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

I'm sure I'm not the first person who has suggested this before, but I have a fun hilarious idea for a dating expansion. I've been a huge longtime fan of the Sims, and I have been finding myself wanting a new game mechanic that I believe other people may find interesting especially after the new wedding expansion release.

Most of my gameplay is very romantic. I've played Sims long enough to know you have to flirt with them first, make the little pink bar go up to about a quarter, then you can move on to the dates and other chat options with your charisma skill to help you. But I find myself longing for more. What if the other sims I didn't control had a choice to love my sim back? What if another sim could find my sim attractive? What if my sim could actually get sad or angry if their needs in the relationship weren't being met?

I can see this being a challenging mechanic to make everyone happy with, but I think there might be a way to make it lighthearted and fun. What if you could have the players control the level of rejection in the gameplay options? I can see many satisfying as well as hilarious scenarios that could come with this mechanic.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4 (551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play very similarly and have also thought about this! It would be super cool if there was an attractiveness component or something that made sim partner preferences more narrow so you couldn't just pick up anyone off the street and have them fall in love. Could add super cute date fits and just more interesting date locations to take your sims on. 

Message 2 of 4 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I completely agree and I'm glad you like this idea! I would also like to add on  suggesting to an AI  sim to flirt to another AI sim and watch to see if they end up dating. I think that would be a super fun match making addition. 

Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

★★★ Pro

Nah, I am not a fan of attractive system in sims. They tend to be too aggressive and in the end half town is in *love* with your sim. Sims3 suffers from this problem and the new crush system from sims4 suffers too. My teen has almost on all a crush which have two legs.

They can add it but please with toggle (which work!) I really don’t want to need again a new mod to remove system which I never wanted (Wants & Fears) just because they think it is cool and development it so that is rather annoying and is better to play without (lifestyles). Not all player can and want to use mods to make the system good (or mod it out)

This is a rant;

Spoiler

I hate this “Eat or Die”- mindset if they add new things to the base game. Because they showed enough that they don’t play active this game enough to see the issues with an aggressive system. Idles: Phone (BG) Sniffing (BTD) Thermostat (S)

New Gameplay: Dust <- Fixed, NAPS <- partly fixed sharing is caring can still destroy your community lots, Lifestyles <- too aggressive and most the time all sims get the same, Fears <- too aggressive specially fear of dying/fear of end death job/unfilled dreams + bugged fear of the dark, Parenthood-Phases Loud phase can get stuck. Cold & Hot outfit <- Sims doesn’t change autonomy to normal clothes if they go home

Autonomy: Water drinking, washing hands, make mass, making drinks, talk to plants, talk about fishing spots, stealing from NPC (NPC should not be allowed to steal paintings because they can’t give it back to you self if you catch them), prank toilet, reaction to deco, reaction to celebrities, stranger invite herself in your conversation and much more which you would see if you played your game more active!

I rather would have *Love* Expansions which focus on couples and add things as Faithfull trait (In store reward!) and a ton of new animations which don’t scream, we like it absurd and rather... you know shows that sims really love each other and give us please a *make out* which is not for toddler rating. I really think the game needs more animations which rather goes for teens as kids.

Message 4 of 4 (324 Views)