Dark Form problem, keeps linking

by xCourtJesterx

Original Post

Dark Form problem, keeps linking

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of it, none of which should affect my issue besides Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a vampire and edit your Dark Form. Go back into CAS after. Alternatively, just bite somebody and when you enter your Dark Form, your attire will not be changed in the slightest.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Dark Form continuously reverts back to the Human Form attire. I unlink the two forms using the chain symbol, I edit the Dark Form, then leave CAS. Go back into CAS, and they're linked again.
What do you expect to see? I except the two forms to remain unlinked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Dark Form continuously reverts back to the Human Form attire. I unlink the two forms using the chain symbol, I edit the Dark Form, then leave CAS. Go back into CAS, and they're linked again.

For example: I will have a t-shirt in my Human Form, and a sweater in my Dark Form. I unlink the two attires, so they are both unique. I exit CAS. I immediately go back into CAS, and although the two attires are still different, they are linked once again. I then go to drink somebody's Plasma. I transform into my Dark Form, as is expected, and I have the t-shirt rather than the sweater. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,950 Views)

Re: Dark Form problem, keeps linking

Hero
@xCourtJesterx are you reporting the re-linking as a bug or does your Sim change when you don't change anything in CAS ?

I don't actually think the re-linking is a bug. Might not be desirable and shouldn't be default but that would be more feedback than a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,927 Views)

Hero
@xCourtJesterx Tagging to see my question above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,838 Views)

Hero
@xCourtJesterx Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,811 Views)