Re: Dance Instructor Career Quest - Available now!

by dancerlma454

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

Yes, device-gluing isn't realistic for me. I might "frenzy" to finish a quest if the payoff were enticing—such as a dramatic piece of furniture or a stunning new dress. But to unlock a career? That's like discovering a new room in my real house that I don't like to be in but have to deep-clean EVERY DAY anyway.

As mentioned above, "CHORE" is apt word choice.

Message 31 of 56 (1,467 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@rmw8855 wrote:

I just did the 1st llamazoom in the quest - 2 Long, 3 Standard, 6 quick.  You have got to be kidding me.  I have never had a llamazoom this time intensive.  

Ugh. Yeah I got a long one this morning. 3 quick 3 standard (then one more standard after that) and two long. Luckily it was first thing in the morning and I'd had all four Sims in long activities overnight. There's no way to finish (without paying) that before Emily leaves without setting up activities in advance

Message 32 of 56 (1,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I signed in just to say "I'm out."  

EA - there is a difference between a light and fun mobile game and a grind.  This has become a grind.  Soon this will be as bad as BuildIt.  

Message 33 of 56 (1,409 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I honestly don't mind the quests vs paying with real money being the only option, but it's unnecessary for it to be so tedious. And they know it, hence the option to buy the pack at $10. The past 3 careers not including the space career, I think, could all be purchased for too steep of a price. Sorry, but I cannot justify dropping almost $30 in total for new careers/hobbies. Between $0.99 and $2.99 each tops lol 

All that to say, this mobile game is getting ridiculous. 

Message 34 of 56 (1,380 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ShaNoodle9 I agree. $0.99–$2.99 is reasonable for "access." I view $5+ somewhat reasonable for an investment, such as a furniture set or a fashion pack. But access purchases really hold no value for me. I like to collect items I can work and create with. Not access to more work.

I'm really happy with the availability of new careers. But they are directing gameplay toward tasks and away from design. Design is the primary reason I play!!!

Message 35 of 56 (1,311 Views)

★ Guide

After 2 dreadful days and 5 Llama zoom tasks I got the carreer.. and sadly  i am a bit dissapointed. The designated room in the wellness center is tiny and items take up a lot of space. Maybe i got really annoyed during the quest, and now i am lashing out at the room but it really bugs me.  

Dancers need some space, @EA_Mai can you at least let us get rid of that thing behind room so we can expand. Maybe this won't happen when dancers try to do group workScreenshot_20180915-170328_The Sims.jpgScreenshot_20180915-173948_The Sims.jpgout

Message 36 of 56 (1,310 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@emocco08 wrote:

After 2 dreadful days and 5 Llama zoom tasks I got the carreer.. and sadly  i am a bit dissapointed. The designated room in the wellness center is tiny and items take up a lot of space. Maybe i got really annoyed during the quest, and now i am lashing out at the room but it really bugs me.  

Dancers need some space, @EA_Mai can you at least let us get rid of that thing behind room so we can expand. Maybe this won't happen when dancers try to do group workScreenshot_20180915-170328_The Sims.jpgScreenshot_20180915-173948_The Sims.jpgout

Congratulations on completing that Nightmare ! 

I understand your frustration because those rooms really are tiny.

Just a suggestion, what if you move reception forward a bit

& turn the pond horizontally then use the space for the treadmill or possibly the weights?

Ya’ll know how I feel about those useless LZ’s  🙄

I’d be feeling a bit more than cranky 

Message 37 of 56 (1,280 Views)

★ Guide

thank you for the suggestions @katclawsx3 . I ve tried few variations they just didnt feel right ( i am such a snob Standard smile )  and with the new items we gain troughout the carreer it's gettin really claustrophobic in here FrownFrown  EA gave us few nice animations hands-down  i am thankfull but it will be nice to have more space to enjoy the carreer.  

Message 38 of 56 (1,264 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@emocco08 wrote:

I just finished the quest and after seeing this post I did some redecorating. I basically rearranged everything except the massage room.

Message 39 of 56 (1,225 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@

It might be a problem.  You will have to be very careful and smart about it.  Plan so you start 1 long and 3 standard tasks in a single subject (Career/hobby/relationship) that is set to finish just about the time that your LZ starts.  (Note that you might have to burn one of your standard tasked sims if both the long and standard task tracks for your LZ have trivial actions in front of the actual tasks.  Usually only one of the two is blocked at the start, but I have had instances when both long and standard were blocked by trivial actions so I needed a free sim to clear the trivial action out of the way.). Once done with LZ tasks, restart your long task immediately and dob't clear it until you are ready to LZ again.  With another sim use your energy, bed, toilet, bath and shower (and cupcakes) to help you finish the 8 hour task as quickly as possible.  Remember to restart your standard tasks so that they will finish at the same time as the long task and the same time the LZ is ready to restart.

Just as an experiment, I tried to use a sim that was already in an event to do the tasks like use the stereo or microwave, etc. And it worked. I did those tasks and didn't have to sacrifice a sim in an event. One of my 8hr quest events also counted as completing a long event in llamazoom. I started LZ during the quest so I wouldn't have to wait on ol Emily to come back after I finished lol. 

Message 40 of 56 (1,165 Views)