Re: Dance Instructor Career Quest - Available now!

by katclawsx3

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

@katclawsx3 wrote:

@wonderwomantbh 

@ShaNoodle9

I did the math. If one does everything without cupcakes to speed up - after all of the 8 hr quest specific events we have approximately 47 hours to complete all other quick event specific tasks and Llamazoom tasks. Assuming the full 8 hrs for each llamazoom there goes 40 hrs. So there’s only a 7 hr padding for anyone who gets an unfair number of long events in their tasks, misses one of the vans or generally can’t play due to things like school, work, caring for their children, eating, sleeping, personal hygiene...obviously you get the point.

So yeah, it seems like they know that they made it nearly impossible. And if completing it without money/cupcakes requires putting the game ahead of real life then I agree it’s become nothing more than a chore...

and as much as I love my virtual people, the payoff doesn’t seem proportional to that kind of dedication.

Sorry to hear about your couch Frown

@wonderwomantbh

Thank you for your analytics and confirming what I already suspected 

about EA motives.  It’s all there in Black & Blue.

🙁 😠

Message 11 of 56 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Called it!    $$$  is The real motive 

Message 12 of 56 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

@katclawsx3 wrote:

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

@ShaNoodle9 wrote:

FIVE llamazoom tasks 🙄

Exactly. My first thought when opening the game this morning was to groan and say ‘not again’ which probably isn’t the reaction they are looking for 

@wonderwomantbh 

@ShaNoodle9

Completely Agree!  I wonder if they REALLY want us to complete this quest  OR just wait for the “Dance Pack” that will probably be available in a couple days for real $$$ 

This game used to be so much fun - Now it feels more like a mind-numbing chore- especially with 5 flippin  LZ’s

To add insult to injury, I tapped on my Rumager Sofa and it 

broke— costing me 482 Simoleans to Repair  Angry

I did the math. If one does everything without cupcakes to speed up - after all of the 8 hr quest specific events we have approximately 47 hours to complete all other quick event specific tasks and Llamazoom tasks. Assuming the full 8 hrs for each llamazoom there goes 40 hrs. So there’s only a 7 hr padding for anyone who gets an unfair number of long events in their tasks, misses one of the vans or generally can’t play due to things like school, work, caring for their children, eating, sleeping, personal hygiene...obviously you get the point. So yeah, it seems like they know that they made it nearly impossible. And if completing it without money/cupcakes requires putting the game ahead of real life then I agree it’s become nothing more than a chore...and as much as I love my virtual people, the payoff doesn’t seem proportional to that kind of dedication.

If you make sure to have your new llama zoom tasks up, with the long event task showing, the 8 hour quest event counts as your long event in any career, relationship, or hobby.

I know you still have to work through the standard event tasks from Emily and her annoying little van, and it’s hard to predict what she’ll assign you, but it does help to have that eight hour/long event taken care of. 

Message 13 of 56 (924 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

I did the math. If one does everything without cupcakes to speed up - after all of the 8 hr quest specific events we have approximately 47 hours to complete all other quick event specific tasks and Llamazoom tasks. Assuming the full 8 hrs for each llamazoom there goes 40 hrs. So there’s only a 7 hr padding for anyone who gets an unfair number of long events in their tasks, misses one of the vans or generally can’t play due to things like school, work, caring for their children, eating, sleeping, personal hygiene...obviously you get the point. So yeah, it seems like they know that they made it nearly impossible. And if completing it without money/cupcakes requires putting the game ahead of real life then I agree it’s become nothing more than a chore...and as much as I love my virtual people, the payoff doesn’t seem proportional to that kind of dedication.

If you make sure to have your new llama zoom tasks up, with the long event task showing, the 8 hour quest event counts as your long event in any career, relationship, or hobby.

I know you still have to work through the standard event tasks from Emily and her annoying little van, and it’s hard to predict what she’ll assign you, but it does help to have that eight hour/long event taken care of. 

Message 14 of 56 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh ffs EA. This is long past not being fun anymore. FIVE LlamaZoom tasks? Plus SIX 8-hour events? That's just cheating. It REEKS of manipulation into spending money.

Message 15 of 56 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GrettaInTheSun wrote:

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

The next llama zoom task the popped up after I wrote that was for a long relationship event, obviously. So, there goes my brilliant plan. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Message 16 of 56 (1,069 Views)

★ Guide

@GrettaInTheSun wrote:

@GrettaInTheSun wrote:

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

The next llama zoom task the popped up after I wrote that was for a long relationship event, obviously. So, there goes my brilliant plan. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yikes. And iirc some people complained that the llamazoom tasks seemed harder than usual during the last event. That’s what worries me about only having the 7 hour padding to try and time everything just right which I definitely agree is the only way to do it (like right now I’m stuck in llamazoom limbo because I need 3 quick relationship tasks, 1 long relationship task and all of my sims need to complete their next relationship chapters first 😓).

Message 17 of 56 (1,050 Views)

★ Expert

@katclawsx3@I don't even get updates anymore to buy from the store. The store stopped updating for me a few moths ago. I have to uninstall and reinstall the game every time I want the store to update which I refuse to do. People in the way of the hurricane will never be able to finish this quest. May not even been able to buy. Great timing EA. I refuse to buy and do not have time for these quests. 

Message 18 of 56 (1,028 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

It aggravates the heck out of me that IF you’re doing just the

“Dance Events” and want to cut those hours down from 8 to 4 you’re still going to be using  24 flippin Cupcakes! 

That’s NOT even using gawd-knows how many Cupcakes that might have to be used to get the 5  Stupid, Stupid, Utterly Stupid

Llama-Zooms done in the time frames 

Honestly, I think I’ll just sit this Dance out since I’m doing this quest half-heartedly as it is.    Good Luck to those who tackle it.

Message 19 of 56 (1,018 Views)

★ Guide

@katclawsx3 wrote:

It aggravates the heck out of me that IF you’re doing just the

“Dance Events” and want to cut those hours down from 8 to 4 you’re still going to be using  24 flippin Cupcakes! 

That’s NOT even using gawd-knows how many Cupcakes that might have to be used to get the 5  Stupid, Stupid, Utterly Stupid

Llama-Zooms done in the time frames 

Honestly, I think I’ll just sit this Dance out since I’m doing this quest half-heartedly as it is.    Good Luck to those who tackle it.

lol good to know this is still a good description! And I just thought of something else. It takes Emily 4 hrs to return so that has to be factored in when attempting to time it right. Like you I’m thinking I just don’t want to deal with the headache.

Message 20 of 56 (983 Views)