DLC questions

by MommaBear0821

Original Post

DLC questions

★ Novice

Sul sul simmers!! I have another question.. I only have base game and my friend has all DLCs for the game and from time to time she lets me build lots in her game, and I wanna upload some of them, with my origin ID.. How can I do that?? Can I find the tray file for the lot from her game, paste it in mine, and then upload it on the gallery? Will it work?? 

Message 1 of 5 (291 Views)

Re: DLC questions

★★★ Guide
@MommaBear0821 it probably would not work (not that I've tried it) as if you don't own specific packs, items from Seasons or Cats and Dogs for example that are used in a build won't appear in your game
Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)

★ Novice

I actually just wanna copy the tray items from her folder into mine and upload them on the gallery via my origin ID. I dont wanna use them in my game, and I wanna make sure that the simmers who have those packs can download the lot 😊😊😊😊

Message 3 of 5 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@MommaBear0821you need to open the game to upload to the gallery. Your game will not load any item that you don't own (for example, from an DLC pack that you don't own). If you did upload one of those builds to the gallery, it will likely be incomplete.

Same thing happens if you download something from the gallery that uses items from packs that you don't own. The items will either be replaced by something the game considers similar, or there will be an empty space where that item originally stood.

Edit: more info

Message 4 of 5 (248 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you again very very much, you have been very helpful, have a nice day

Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)