DJ issues with Windenberg Outdoor events

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DJ issues with Windenberg Outdoor events

Hero

I'm just wondering if anyone else is still having problems with the DJ's at the three Windenberg outdoor events (Ruins, Bluffs, Chalet).  While playing today, my household was invited to 2 events on consecutive nights.  One at the Ruins and one at the Bluffs. Since it was late spring, off my sims went.   In both cases, the DJs showed up at the spawn point and didn't move from that spot during the entire event in both places.  So no dance party.  Now this is not a new issue for me and doing a search here brought up threads that started over a year ago that pretty much say the same as I saw today.  But the last posts in the two I found were more than 6 months old and there was a patch a while ago that adjusted the weather in Windenberg for the events as well in San Myshuno for the festivals which I think was after the last post was made.  I had not tried any of the 3 events since the patch until today.

Anyway, weather at the first event at the Ruins was cloudy with a chance of rain although it was not raining.  The only DJ booth option (Use) was greyed out saying that electronics can't be used in the rain.  So I popped into build buy and put in a weather machine on the little lot behind the ruins, changed the weather to clear and in a few minutes, the weather icon changed to clear and the option on the booth went active.  Although it is useless anyway since it just keep disappearing from the queues of all my sims when I sent them to run the booth.  It's always been that way though. I have never succeeded in having an active sim use a DJ booth at those 3 events, even before Seasons.  I had a pretty big crowd but no dancing.  At least it wasn't raining which seemed to always be the case since Seasons.  Had fun amazing the crowd with spellcaster duels since there was no dancing. 

The 2nd event was the next night at the Bluffs.  Weather was clear from the start and the Use option was on the booth.  Still wouldn't work for any of my sims.  The DJ in this case was a ghost.  Again, a pretty big crowd and no dancing.  Again, at least it wasn't raining.  Did manage to get a good chunk of the crowd to skinny dip though.  That was entertaining anyway.

So is anyone else still seeing this type of thing in your game and have you noticed any change since the patch that adjusted the weather?

Message 1 of 5 (605 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DJ issues with Windenberg Outdoor events

Hero
@CGrant56 Most you're seeing is probably covered by this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GT-DJ-booths-at-dance-parties-are-unusable/td-p/729201...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (571 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CGrant56 Most you're seeing is probably covered by this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GT-DJ-booths-at-dance-parties-are-unusable/td-p/729201...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (572 Views)

Hero

@crinrict  Thank you .  Yes, I know.  I saw that thread and I've posted there as well.   But that was in the bug section and agree that it's the same problem that I have.  But to tell the truth, almost all of the posts there are older, made before the patch that changed the weather.  I posted here too because I wanted to get an idea if others were like me and still having the problem after the patch.  I don't mean to confuse the issue.  If that was the wrong thing to do, please tell me and I won't do that again.   

Message 3 of 5 (549 Views)

Hero
@CGrant56 Basically, if something is an open issue, you can just post in that thread. It's good to know if people are still seeing something

Rule of thumb on threads in the bug forum (no matter their age):

- If it has a Fixed tag and it wasn't JUST fixed in the current patch, create a new thread.
- If it has a tag but no template, create a new thread
- If it has an open/needs input/needs saves/needs infp/ workaround tag but template is filled out, it's fine to reuse that thread. Some are really old but that doesn't make them less current.

The main thing is that issues posted in the bug forum are tracked by QA so if you have info, it's good to post there. Also the me too count is important so it's best to have all info in one dedicated thread.

The older the thread the more important it is to post and not just click me too.

So in short: If something is an established issue, it's better to post in that thread than create a new one but of course, there's always exceptions to the rule.

I will usually say when I need a new thread and that's not because someone did something wrong but simply because it's either handled a different way or the thread has become a mixture of things and it's better to start fresh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (536 Views)

Hero

@crinrictThank you.

Message 5 of 5 (524 Views)