Re: DHD no room/level restrictions in build mode

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen yep, been pointing out a minimum of three new things. They end up walking away and reacting poorly in between me pointing out the renovations. didn't have any issues before leveling up to level 2, but ever since then every job, and I've taken 6, has failed. However, I'm not sure if the failing gigs has to do with the restriction thing being open and them not liking old furniture or leveling up in the career as i've also seen other forums saying that they can't successfully complete any gigs either, or a combination of the two. 

I'm not sure which gigs are SUPPOSED to have bb restrictions, but no types have so far for me. specific room renovations (ex: "kitchen renovation" which I had to level up to unlock) haven't been any different functionally than an open any room renovation, and no level renovations have told me what level or restricted me to a level/shown any restriction other than the "no new tiles" restriction shown in the very first renovate any room gigs. 

Message 11 of 16 (302 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@itslolagrace 

Are you sure it wasn't a two room redesign? I have had a couple living room AND kitchen redesigns. Those are not optional you must do both. When in Build mode read the description and limits carefully so you don't misunderstand what you are supposed to do. When you choose a gig there is a tooltip that tells you more about the gig.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 16 (289 Views)

Hero
@itslolagrace They shouldn't react to old things. They should detect what's new and react to that.

Could you you test a new save that didn't have mods ever just to see if you also get them to react to old furniture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 16 (278 Views)

★ Guide

Me again, can I complain here? Or should I open a new discussion?

@crinrict wrote:
[...]
5. Level additions: Those are rather buggy. There are a lot of houses where you can't really add a level. I have not tried these
[...]

I cannot add a new level, only thing I can do is add a room on the bottom floor. I should have known, budget is too low for a whole new level.

Message 14 of 16 (264 Views)

Hero
@paolaelectra For the level additions it's best to use the bug report. They seem the most problematic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DHD-Can-t-add-level-for-some-houses/m-p/10396313#M184825

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 16 (257 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@paolaelectra 

You said you could add a new room on the ground. That means the gig did not ask for a complete new level. There are several types of gigs that mention level. Such as living room level add-on which just mean that you are allowed to move walls to have more space for in this case a living room. The tool tip of the gig when you mouse over gives more information on what is expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 16 of 16 (246 Views)