Re: DHD first job always negative?

by FluidPanNerd

Original Post

DHD first job always negative?

★★★ Guide

So, I've done 4 different first renos with DHD in 4 different saves. In my experience, I haven't gotten any "Likes" when interviewing the client for my first gig and twice I've still gotten a positive reaction from the client, (Happy, smiling, wiping tears, shaking hand, and/or hugging) and then gotten a negative review and 0 pay. This is just the first gig, but it's every first gig. I've played further on 2 of them and then get likes and usually get a bonus after the 2nd and further gig.

Is the first gig supposed to be awful in every playthrough of DHD or am I just incredibly unlucky?positive reaction negative review.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (258 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I have never failed a first gig it is always a simple room renovation where you pick the room so very easy to do. If they don't  mention any likes just make sure not to use anything they dislike. Remember that the entire household are your clients so if there are 4 where one likes it and the rest doesn't then you fail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsenIn each case, there has only been 1 sim as a client for the first gig and I have not used anything they don't like. I've been really careful about that.

Message 3 of 5 (243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@FluidPanNerd 

Remember to give the walls a new coat of paint. That seems to matter a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (202 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jpkarlsen Yup. Did that. And new floors.
Message 5 of 5 (200 Views)