Re: Customisable Couches!

by Psychotps

Original Post

Customisable Couches!

★★★ Newbie

You know how you can custom place shelves and countertops? 

Myself and, I'm sure many others, will agree that we need custom couches. Program to have the same custom options as counters. You know, corner counters and everything.

If other people agree, please comment. Let's get this started!

Message 1 of 12 (704 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AmmonSalmon4 While that would be very cool, it would take a LOT of work.

How many different configurations were you talking about? Left end, right end, middle, corner? What about left end corner, right-end corner, middle corner, both end corner... etc.

Even if it were only the first four, you're talking about adding four more objects, designs, 3d meshes, textures to EVERY single sofa in the game.

That would be a phenomenal amount of work. What about CC objects? Would you want the thousands of CC sofa designers to re-model all their objects four-fold?

I would definitely get a lot of use out of them, but I don't see it happening. Maybe you can convince some CC designers to come up with something!
Message 2 of 12 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AmmonSalmon4 I think that's an awesome idea! 👏 As @Psychotps points out very well, I'm sure there would have be restrictions built in that we may not always love, that take into account usability for the sims. Even so, we would love the additional things 'modular couches' could do - ways they can expand and enhance our homes and the interaction options of our sims!

I don't think this idea could be added to current, traditional couches/loveseats/chairs, but perhaps a new set of couches/loveseats/chairs could be added that work in this manner. Maybe a some beds that can also be 'bunked' while they're at it?
<Oh, wow, did I just find a way to work in bunk beds again???🤔>

I'm giving this one a 'me too' and 'XP'. 🤞🏻

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 12 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Psychotps It's funny that you mention asking CC designers because lately I've seen several of these very things on a few different CC download sites. Mostly they seem to be combos of living-room chairs, love seats, and lounges.

I won't post any links but for anyone willing to use CC I've seen some nice ones at TSR. You can find them in this subcategory:

Downloads / Sims 4 / Objects New Meshes / Furnishing / Comfort / Living Chairs

Message 4 of 12 (611 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RandomBuzziness Curse you... Now I'm going to have to go get them... Wink
Message 5 of 12 (606 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Psychotps I'd try them too but my current Sim is living in a starter home so all she'd have room for is the ottoman xD
Message 6 of 12 (571 Views)

Champion

@AmmonSalmon4@Psychotps@SheriGR , & @RandomBuzziness , there were 2 different couches in The Sims 2 that were modular.  I think TS4 could also do this but only to one or a few specific couches, instead of trying to convert most or all of them! Standard smile   As @Psychotps stated, converting them all isn't practical,  as it would prevent developers from working on other things we need more like new items or fixing current bugs.  

Also, you can kind of get the look of a sectional couch by using the Move Objects cheat  ==> bb.moveobjects on  but this will only work with a few of the couches. I've seen it done with the couch from My First Pets Stuff  -- it works best with this one because there is only one arm rest on that couch Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 12 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888 There are a few pieces in the current furniture choices that will look okay to do this with MOO, this is true.🤔Unfortunately sims can sit in the corner/crossed area by scootching into it so that their legs are in the other couch/loveseat/chair. 😖

Message 8 of 12 (510 Views)

Champion

Thanks @SheriGR , while I had played around with this in Build/Buy Mode, I didn't keep the couches and decided to use other ones since they fit the décor better.  So I had never tested how they would work out in Live Mode. Raised eyebrow I thought there might be some issues with how the Sims would look sitting on them. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888 That may not bother some people - I'm weird like that. But I know you like to know details, so I thought I'd mention it to you. If we had some modular couches the sims could interact properly with the corner section, though, and there are some rooms and designs that would fit very well with sectional furniture. ❤️I hope they consider this idea! 🤞🏻

Message 10 of 12 (470 Views)