Re: Custom content, newley downloaded isn't showing up (The Sims 4).

by thelewisimmers

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness Here is some of the names, I don't know if they are from the video or not, as I got carried away... Oops!
Here is one I remember:
* Lena Dress by Stephanie Plays the Sims 4

As well, I thought it would be helpful for you to know that I have the following packs:
Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, Romantic Garden, Toddler, Laundry and Perfect Patio.
Message 11 of 15 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers If I got the right dress then it seems to be working fine in my game. It is BGC and it's not a recolor, it's an original mesh. That CC creator is usually very reliable and she does great work. Here's a screen shot from my CAS room. I also verified it looks fine in live mode. Does this look like the right dress?

dress.JPG

If this is the right one, all I can recommend is that you try to download the file again as maybe something glitched when you tried before. The file name should be [stephanine] Lena Dress.package and the file size should be 4.01 MB. Make sure it's a .package file and that it's not compressed in any way and it's placed directly in your Sims 4 Mods folder. If you use sub-folders don't go more than 5 levels deep in your Mods folder or your game won't see it (unless you edit your Resource.cfg file and that is a different topic). That goes for any CC .package file. I only go 2 sub-folders deep in my Mods folder so mine looks like this:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods > CC > Outfits

Sub-folders are optional but they can be useful in keeping things organized in your Mods folder. Just for reference, if you have any script mods that use .ts4script files they must go no more than 1 level deep.

Message 12 of 15 (379 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness Yes, that was the exact dress.
I have deleted it fromy my files, and again am now trying to redownload it. Hopefully it works.

Thank you so much for your help Standard smile
Message 13 of 15 (355 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness It still isn't working. Do you have any more ideas? Sorry for hasseling.
Message 14 of 15 (333 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers There are a couple of other things you can try fairly easily if you haven't done these already-- clearing your game cache and repairing your game through Origin.

To clear your game cache just delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. The game will auto-generate a new cache file the next time you launch it. You can try this first just to see if it fixes your issue. After you have deleted the file, restart your game and try testing in a fresh New Game rather than loading an old save. If you filter your CAS outfits by Custom Content the dress should appear in the "Outfits" category with its own custom thumbnail with the CC creator's name on it. If it works now you can exit without saving.

To repair your game through Origin:

While logged in on your Origin account
- Click on My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair from the pop-up menu

This will do a scan on all of your Sims 4 system files (not your user files) and compare them to what is on the Origin server. If there are any missing or corrupt files then Origin will replace them. The scan will take a few minutes depending on your computer hardware. Wait for it to scan the base game and all of your packs. If you want to be extra cautious make back-up copies of your Saves, Tray, and Mods folders and keep them in a safe place like your desktop or an external drive before you do the repair. You shouldn't need them but I always do this just to be extra careful about things.

When the scan is done do a quick test on a fresh New Game.

If neither of these steps work then you might have to test to see if there is any other mod or CC in your Mods folder that is causing problems. It's a little more work but still fairly easy to do & we can go over that if clearing the cache and repairing through Origin do not fix things first.

Message 15 of 15 (313 Views)