Re: Custom content, newley downloaded isn't showing up (The Sims 4).

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Custom content, newley downloaded isn't showing up (The Sims 4).

★★★★ Novice

I have some Customer Content in my game and some of it isn't showing up, despite being in my files and showing that they are installed on the home page (for when I open The Sims). I have tried to not allow Custom Content, then closed my game and re-opened it and then allowed it and then opened up my game (hope that makes sense) numerous times but I have had no luck. I am pretty sure that they aren't out of date as I have just watched someone on YouTube downloading some of them, and they seem to be working fine for them. As well, most say that they are basegame compatible, so I am really confused. 

Please help, thanks. Large smile

Message 1 of 15 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers Just to clarify, you have some CC in your game that is working correctly and other CC that is not showing up in your game?

How old is that YouTube video? Some CC items were broken by the June 3rd game patch so if that YouTube video is older than that it might no longer be accurate. Here is a link for more info on which CC items were broken by the patch. Can you search it to see if your CC that is not working is listed on this site? If so, there are many links to updated replacements.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 2 of 15 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, that is correct.

The YouTube video was published on 25/06/2020.

Message 3 of 15 (1,132 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@thelewisimmers I have just checked, none of my Mods fall into ones on the website.

Here is the link to the YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEXI4uUlelw&t=23s
Message 4 of 15 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers The YouTube video you linked is about a Save file not a Mods file. So if you download the file it will go in your Saves folder not your Mods folder. There are very specific installation instructions provided and I recommend you follow them closely. If you click on the link in the video to the download page the notes also say you will need all game packs for the Sims to appear the same as they do in the video. The save file will still work without all of the packs but the Sims might not look the same as they do in the video. The notes in the download site say no mods or custom content are necessary for this Save file, though they do recommend a default skin replacement (the link is provided in the download page).

Message 5 of 15 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I realised I had selected the wrong link... Ooops! Here is the actual link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDFBAqqGEWA&t=900s
Message 6 of 15 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers Some of the CC in that video looked like recolors of Maxis clothing. Recolors won't show up in your game unless you have the game pack with the original version, which is also called a "mesh". Are the CC items missing in your game recolors? If so, are you certain that you have the mesh files?

The YouTube video provided links to the CC creator's websites for the items shown in that video. If you are having problems with a specific creator's items, and you are certain they are not recolors with missing meshes, you can use those links to ask questions directly to the CC creator. I'm familiar with most of the creators listed there and yeah they make some really good stuff! I hope we can figure out how to make these items work for you :D

We can't post links to CC sites here but if you let me know some of the items that are not working maybe I can test them in my game.

Message 7 of 15 (1,056 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I have realised that some are but, some say that they are basegame compatible. Standard smile
Message 8 of 15 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelewisimmers Are they BGC recolors or are they original meshes? If they are recolors they might be hard to spot in CAS because they'll just be additional swatches to a base game item & you'll only see the regular thumbnail until you click on it for more colors. I have a few like that. They're easier to spot if you filter by "Custom Content" in CAS.

Can you give me a couple examples of the items that are not working so I can test them in my game? No links please, just tell me the names. If they're from that YouTube video then I can try to find them.

Message 9 of 15 (1,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness They should be original meshes.
I downloaded a few from the video, but I can't remeber what they were. Though I will try to insert a screenshot of my files somewhere so you can see some of the names.
Message 10 of 15 (1,009 Views)