Re: Custom Content

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Custom Content

★★ Novice

So I have had Sims 4 for a few months now and everything worked fine. I accidentally deleted my documents and redownloaded it as normal. When i went to play Sims everything was gone! It was annoying but whatever. I tried to add new cc but every time i go to play, it never appeared. I have the box of it checked ‘yes’ in the options and I am just stumped on what is wrong!! 

Message 1 of 6 (559 Views)

★★★ Expert

@grabr22 After you accidentally deleted your documents, did you launch the Sims 4 game to allow it to create new empty user folders (i.e. Mods, Saves, Tray, etc.) or did you copy old user folders over from a back-up device and then launch the game?

Are you on PC or Mac? The next troubleshooting steps might be different depending on if you are using a PC or a Mac.

If you are on a PC you can try moving your Mods folder to your Desktop and rename it Mods_Backup or something like that. Then launch the game to allow it to create a new empty Mods folder (the only file you should see in there is the Resource.cfg file). Then exit the game and move a few CC files from your old Mods_Backup folder on your Desktop to the new empty Mods folder in your Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. Don't move the entire folder back, just a few of the CC files for now, and don't move or change the Resource.cfg file in the new Mods folder. Then restart your game and see if the CC files are working properly.

Let us know if this works or if not there are a few other things you can try. I hope this helps :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 2 of 6 (494 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m pretty sure i just copied old files backed up on my Mac and then relaunched the game! 

Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

★★★ Expert

@grabr22  I've done some asking around and the suggestion I made for PC should also work on a Mac. Try removing your Mods folder to a different location like your desktop or an external drive. Then launch the game to let it create a new Mods folder. Exit the game and then try adding a few CC files to the new Mods folder the game just created. Then test in your game. Double-check that mods and CC are still enabled in your game options, just in case it got unchecked during the process. For some reason Sims 4 often has trouble recognizing a Mods folder that it did not create and if you import a Mods folder from somewhere else, even if it's your own backup, it will not work properly. Let us know if this works or if not there are other things you can try. This is the fastest and easiest though. Good luck :D

Message 4 of 6 (414 Views)

★★ Novice

So I tried what you said and it still didn’t work. I have no clue why it’s just not working! 

Message 5 of 6 (364 Views)

★★★ Expert

@grabr22 Can you try downloading a few new CC .package files to see if they will work? I'm told that sometimes .package files can get corrupted when being transferred from a storage folder to a Mods folder on a Mac.

Message 6 of 6 (345 Views)