Cushions and small designer clutter kit

by t0t01010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cushions and small designer clutter kit

★★★★★ Newbie

As follows from the heading, we need cushions!!! And throw blankets! And small pictures you can enlarge. More decorative plants, more everyday design stuff - like more books and magazines, handbags, random clothing like sweater or trousers that we would be able to throw on chairs.

About the cushions, people using cheats turning furniture upside down, trying to make cushions. This is rediculous. Can you please actually add cushions and throw over blankets of all colours and shapes (pastel and bright colours). Make a small clutter kit call it cushions and blankets, the devil is in the details. Many people use the game for design so we need more smaller detail everyday stuff that adds liveliness to the game.

ps. I don’t know if I’ve posted in the right thread, I do apologise in advance. 

Message 1 of 8 (617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cushions and small designer clutter kit

Champion
@t0t01010 Yes I agree I don't use cheats either, on console it affects our rewards system and we get penalised. I haven't seen the turning furniture over that you mentioned though. I might have to look that up just for interest.
Some things do lose their graphics quality when they are resized I agree, the worst being toys I've found. Most plants and vases resize well I think. But the model sports car is the worst, it looks awful.
Sims 3 had some lovely decor items and collectables. The reshaped crystals you could send away for and lizards in little tanks were my favourite. Plus we had the colour wheel and customisation which I miss.
If you don't already have these add-ons I think you might like the content in the Movie Hangout pack. It has some nice sofas in particular with loads of cushions, so does Courtyard Oasis. Decor to the Max has some nice items. Cats and Dogs and My First Pet add some nice furniture, the sofa in the picture is from My First Pet. I like the beds in the Seasons pack because they have loads of throw pillows so they look a bit more comfortable and homey. I just added Pastel Pop and I'm really happy with it. For a kit I think it has quite a lot of content. I have Everyday Clutter which is okay but Bathroom Clutter got some bad reviews from other players for poor graphics quality so I haven't added that.
I added Nifty Knitting to make more decor items and I created a shop to sell them to my other Sims. I had one exhausted Sim knitting constantly lol. She made llamas, penguins, turtles and octopuses. I added flower shops too with the Cottage Living flower arranging skill. I've added shops for Sims to sell their paintings and wood carvings and sculptures. Jungle Adventure has some lovely collectables if you haven't played that pack. There are gold frogs, gold plates, earthenware vases and masks and a few more other things to dig up and collect in the jungle. I added those to a shop too because I felt like I was always using the same pictures and ornaments in all my builds and was getting really bored with all of them. So because the game lacks enough paintings and ornaments I have my Sims working overtime painting, knitting and collecting lol. Worst thing is I've just deleted my game because of console crashing...and I've got all those items to collect and make again and all my decor shops to rebuild!
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (547 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@t0t01010 You are absolutely in the right place to post. This is where we make our suggestions and give our feedback.

I totally agree with you. In fact I've bought packs in the past just because they've had furniture with more throw cushions and more of a comfortable look. The furniture for the Paranormal pack is one example. The sofas have cushions and throws over them. The Pastel Pop furniture looks more appealing and homey too, for me. One of the (many) let downs of Dream Home Decorator for me was a lack of any throw cushions, etc, on the sectional sofas. The Cats and Dogs and My First Pet packs have some furniture with more cushions too.

You can enlarge small pictures, and other things for a bit more clutter or for something different. I think it's Shift + ] on PC, I had to look it up. I'm on console and it's LT+RT (Xbox)/L2+R2 (PS4) and the D-Pad at the same time. Right makes it larger, and Left makes it smaller. The only thing you can't use it for on Console at least, is to shrink or enlarge say a sofa or chair, table, sink for example as the Sim would use it as if it had not been altered. You can use it on TVs though. Just nothing your Sim climbs in or sits/lies on or uses like a kitchen appliance. I don't know if it's different on PC as it's been a few years since I switched to console.

If you take photos with your Sims camera, you can shrink or enlarge those and arrange them on the walls.

There are also some ornaments that can be shrunk to fit on shelves but it's kind of trial and error figuring out which ones will do that or not.

One tip, if you haven't tried it is to make shelves out of platforms to be able to display different things that wouldn't normally fit on a shelf or display. So you would add a platform square, size it to the height you want. So if you stretched it across a room like a shelf you could then place a floor item like a large plant or vase and shrink it down to display it. I attach a couple of images to show you what I'm talking about. It just gives you a few more options for plants, vases, etc that would usually just stand on the floor. I've added a before and after. If you've not tried this before it just expands the number of things you can use for shelf clutter.

Message 2 of 8 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@simsplayer818 Thank you for your reply! Yes, I do know about ps enlargement/narrowing of the items, however, whenever you enlarge something to bigger size it’s done inproportionsly and looses quality aka graphics. So yes, I’m aware of this feature but it’s mostly useless. I do have shelves, quite a few and they do the job. Mostly. I remeber sims 3 had plenty of tiny bits and pieces of accents that you could add around the house, not to mention moding/patches made by users.

Tbh, I’m too old now and have no time :D to figure thigs out, logically concluding that other users turning furniture over into cushions, meaning the cusion/blanket issue still isn’t resolved. So it’s easier for me to purchase a pack or kit with these items, instead of rotating chairs ect. Plus, cheats greatly affect functuanality, that is why I tend not to use cheating at all, therefore it won’t interfere with gaming mechanics.

Thank you for mentioning packs that have nice design options if you have any others , please let me know.
Message 3 of 8 (569 Views)

Champion
@t0t01010 Yes I agree I don't use cheats either, on console it affects our rewards system and we get penalised. I haven't seen the turning furniture over that you mentioned though. I might have to look that up just for interest.
Some things do lose their graphics quality when they are resized I agree, the worst being toys I've found. Most plants and vases resize well I think. But the model sports car is the worst, it looks awful.
Sims 3 had some lovely decor items and collectables. The reshaped crystals you could send away for and lizards in little tanks were my favourite. Plus we had the colour wheel and customisation which I miss.
If you don't already have these add-ons I think you might like the content in the Movie Hangout pack. It has some nice sofas in particular with loads of cushions, so does Courtyard Oasis. Decor to the Max has some nice items. Cats and Dogs and My First Pet add some nice furniture, the sofa in the picture is from My First Pet. I like the beds in the Seasons pack because they have loads of throw pillows so they look a bit more comfortable and homey. I just added Pastel Pop and I'm really happy with it. For a kit I think it has quite a lot of content. I have Everyday Clutter which is okay but Bathroom Clutter got some bad reviews from other players for poor graphics quality so I haven't added that.
I added Nifty Knitting to make more decor items and I created a shop to sell them to my other Sims. I had one exhausted Sim knitting constantly lol. She made llamas, penguins, turtles and octopuses. I added flower shops too with the Cottage Living flower arranging skill. I've added shops for Sims to sell their paintings and wood carvings and sculptures. Jungle Adventure has some lovely collectables if you haven't played that pack. There are gold frogs, gold plates, earthenware vases and masks and a few more other things to dig up and collect in the jungle. I added those to a shop too because I felt like I was always using the same pictures and ornaments in all my builds and was getting really bored with all of them. So because the game lacks enough paintings and ornaments I have my Sims working overtime painting, knitting and collecting lol. Worst thing is I've just deleted my game because of console crashing...and I've got all those items to collect and make again and all my decor shops to rebuild!
Message 4 of 8 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@simsplayer818 I was super disappointed with DHD, the sectional sofas where nice but no pillow or blanket vairents.
Message 5 of 8 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@gooochyeee Actually makes me frustrated. I have to use outdoor furniture since it has some cushions.
Message 6 of 8 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That wooden elevated platform is so nice! How do you do it? I love the colour play you have on your screen shots (just realised there are files attached). I would deffinately check out all the packs you’ve mentioned. Seems like I’d be getting all of them, hopefully, at the point of sale :D

Message 7 of 8 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@t0t01010 I made the wooden platform shelf just to be able to place these big kind of bird ornaments from Decor to the Max kit, shrunk to regular ornament size. I like them but they only go on floors, just like a lot of the plants I like. I just think, why would you have a big ceramic floor bird? It should go on a shelf but it won't fit. I also wanted to put those floral arrangements from Dine Out on a shelf because they are so lovely but they only go on floors too. I don't know why they make so much floor decor! I would never stand flowers and ceramics on the floor, maybe that's because my cat would immediately tackle it or wear it lol.

All you need to do is go to Walls and rooms in Build Mode. Select one of the Platform options. I chose the corner one and placed it where I wanted it to be, because moving it later can leave a hole in the floor. I put them in the corners one by one then stretched them to join them up. I used the up arrows to raise the height to line up with the sofa height. There are 2 kinds of arrows, use the up/down arrows that click but not the ones that drag it. To make it wooden I just added the same flooring as the room for the top, then I went to Platform Trims in Build Mode and chose a wooden one. That one I chose is from Get Famous. It works better I think in a medium or tall walled room, I wanted to keep those windows so I set the size of the room to Medium. I shrunk the floor decor down to fit on it and used Half Grid Snapping and Free Placement to place them a bit closer together and make them look a bit more arranged.

Here's an image of the finished room and I've added a platform shelf in her bathroom too so there's before and after images to show you what I mean.

Message 8 of 8 (505 Views)