Cross-platform Compatibility iPad/iPhone

by Axiom2045

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cross-platform Compatibility iPad/iPhone

★★★★ Apprentice

I just received 2 phone calls from EA within the last 3 days regarding a large amount of items I lost within a 72 hour time period due to me playing across two platforms (iPhone/iPad) simultaneously. Not only did I lose the new items won in EA’s recent Camp Sunshine Treasure Hunt, I also lost previously won items from other events that I had been using at another house (I own every lot) and moved to this house where items begin to disappear. I was a few minutes ago by EA on the phone told that I would not be reimbursed for the items nor could any of those items be restored by EA. The reason for this was because I made my purchases in game. Which I thought was weird because normally if I make my purchases with Apple which I do in order to buy the Sim Cash then EA wants a list of Apple transactions and wants Apple to refund you. I will be sending a list of the Apple purchases I made for Sim Cash and ask to be reimbursed. I really love this game but I just put $150 into Sims Mobile to get $5,000+ worth of Sim Cash to play the Camp Sunshine event only to lose my real cash, the Sim Cash, and the items I won at the event. I have been playing Sims Mobile since March 2018 so since day 1 and I have been playing Sims FreePlay since December 2011 so also since day 1 and the major difference in cross-platform compatibility is that Sims FreePlay gives players the option to Upload Saved Data from one device and Download Saved Data to another device. Sims Mobile doesn’t have this option and I think it’s a bug that has been allowed to become a feature. I’m curious to know if any other iPad players are losing items when they resume play on their iPhone? This has happened only once before but I was reimbursed so it’s startling to me that purchasing Sim Cash is lost if the game glitches between platforms. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,108 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cross-platform Compatibility iPad/iPhone

★★★★ Apprentice

If a lot is full and you receive the Item Limit warning that you must remove items to place new items - if there is a glitch on EAs part during an event or during normal play that magically allows you to place those items? When you awaken those items will have been removed by EA. if they were newly purchased items you will have to repurchase them. If they came from storage they will not show up in storage you will have to repurchase them again. If you also won some items  such as I did during an event (Camping) you will have to purchase the items again even though you won them in the event. All I can say about the Item Limit glitch is that it has happened to me before, actually twice before and I didn’t realize what happened until much later. Only advice is to  just be conscious of the Item Limits warning you to remove items in order to place new items. EA will remove them even if they cause the glitch and they will not reimburse you for it. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (988 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cross-platform Compatibility iPad/iPhone

★★★★ Apprentice

If a lot is full and you receive the Item Limit warning that you must remove items to place new items - if there is a glitch on EAs part during an event or during normal play that magically allows you to place those items? When you awaken those items will have been removed by EA. if they were newly purchased items you will have to repurchase them. If they came from storage they will not show up in storage you will have to repurchase them again. If you also won some items  such as I did during an event (Camping) you will have to purchase the items again even though you won them in the event. All I can say about the Item Limit glitch is that it has happened to me before, actually twice before and I didn’t realize what happened until much later. Only advice is to  just be conscious of the Item Limits warning you to remove items in order to place new items. EA will remove them even if they cause the glitch and they will not reimburse you for it. 

Message 2 of 2 (989 Views)