Re: Covid Expansion Pack

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Covid Expansion Pack

★★★★ Novice

Who agrees with me that Covid should be represented in the game, it would add so much realism and fun, face masks could be added, as well as Covid tests for your Sims to check if they have the virus, if they do they would have to self isolate for 10 days in their home and cut off leaving the lot for the isolating sim, lockdowns could be included and infection and death rates in the Sims world they live in, this could be the perfect pack to introduce food deliveries like we had in the Sims 2 and police.

Message 1 of 15 (1,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@LucaslovesSims4 , I'm sorry but I would hate this.😣  I play the Sims to escape having to constantly think about things like Covid.  For many it was the worst year of their lives.😭  Even if it wasn't my personal worst, the thought that the misery wasn't just with me but was with pretty much the entire world was even more depressing than if it had been just with me! 😓 This would not be fun.  As for realism, I'd rather have more things for Children, Teens, and Elders to do, or dogs being able to get up on the beds, or adding things like baby strollers or horses to the game.🥰

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (1,297 Views)

All Replies

@LucaslovesSims4

Aren't food deliveries being introduced in the new Cottage Living pack? https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/cottage-living-reveal

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 15 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah thank you, haven't read this yet, I was thinking Covid should be the next expansion pack after Cottage Living, police could be added in a free update at the time, and if you have this pack then the police could fine you for an example leaving the lot while self isolating if caught!

Message 3 of 15 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Message 4 of 15 (1,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

That sounds utterly horrible. Absolutely not, and I don't think it would ever be implemented. Though, if you want infection, you could buy the extension pack to the Expansion pack Cats and Dogs; there is a rat disease to attract and spread, quite fun.

Message 5 of 15 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Pro

@LucaslovesSims4 As someone who has been off the game for a while due to a loss in the family due to covid i most defienatly would hate to see this in a game why would you think that would be a great thing to add to the game soory deff agree with @DonroaAkashu its a horrible suggestion.

Message 6 of 15 (1,336 Views)

Champion

@LucaslovesSims4 , I'm sorry but I would hate this.😣  I play the Sims to escape having to constantly think about things like Covid.  For many it was the worst year of their lives.😭  Even if it wasn't my personal worst, the thought that the misery wasn't just with me but was with pretty much the entire world was even more depressing than if it had been just with me! 😓 This would not be fun.  As for realism, I'd rather have more things for Children, Teens, and Elders to do, or dogs being able to get up on the beds, or adding things like baby strollers or horses to the game.🥰

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 15 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@LucaslovesSims4 Maybe not in the near future. Like @PugLove888 said, many play the Sims to escape the reality of the world around them (including me); to experience even for a short while in their daily lives a world where your biggest problem is Caleb Vatorre not reciprocating your love for him (lol). Having Covid represented in the game sounds "too soon" and will alienate a lot of players.
Message 8 of 15 (1,267 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, what others said.  Too soon!  Especially someone who had a family member die might not want their personal tragedy to be a gameplay feature.  Frown

(Sorry!)

I know there's a lot of push from some players for more realism, but the Sims 4 tends more towards wholesome and light-hearted and T for Teen.  I prefer that, especially now that I need some escapism!  That said, there are a lot of modders who make things grittier and more realistic, and perhaps one of them will want to do this at some point. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The last one and a half years have already been stressful and miserable enough for most people. The reason why I play Sims 4 is that I want to discharge myself and forget all the chaos that is surrendering us. Therefore I wouldn't want to experience Covid in my artificial life. That's being said, there are various medical mods you can use if you want to add more realism to your game. 

Message 10 of 15 (1,199 Views)