Couldn't accept award

by themastergamer43

Original Post

Couldn't accept award

★★★ Novice

So I attended my first award ceremony today and my sim won an award for best performance and said if he accepts he gets it. I wasn't sure what to do. I clicked the host, the option wasn't there so I was confused and when I googled I found out I had to click the mic. I did but the accept award option still didn't show up. Meanwhile the host goes back up and announces another winner and another sim comes up and gets his award no problem.

How come I didn't get the option despite winning?! I got NOTHING for my first ceremony even though I WON!! How is this fair???

Message 1 of 14 (4,684 Views)

Re: Couldn't accept award

Champion (Retired)

You only have a short opportunity to accept the reward. Once the announcer steps forward again it is over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 14 (4,668 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@themastergamer43  As long as you attend the ceremony and are announced as a winner you should still get credit for the award.  Look in household inventory to see if the award is there. Standard smile 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 14 (4,637 Views)

Hero

@themastergamer43  I had this happen and my sim was too slow getting to the mic before the host stepped back up.  when the host did that, the mic was blocked and my sim couldn't accept his award.  I kept clicking on the accept award option on the mic and finally the host stepped back and I was able to get the award.  Since it was quequed several times he actually ended up getting an award twice.

Message 4 of 14 (4,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@themastergamer43  You will still get the award, even if you don't do the acceptance speech. It'll be in your household inventory/

If you really want to do it, wait until someone else gets an award, once the speaker steps back, you can bogart the mic and accept yours by just clicking on the mic.

Message 5 of 14 (4,581 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Im not sure if you read it all but I said I looked when I got home and still didnt get it. Besides the notification specifically said "if he accepts"
Message 6 of 14 (4,558 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Psychotps Well I guess it's bugged. I went to build mode and looked and it wasn't there. I got screwed
Message 7 of 14 (4,557 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@themastergamer43 wrote:
@EuphorialQueenIm not sure if you read it all but I said I looked when I got home and still didn't get it. Besides the notification specifically said "if he accepts"

Sorry but I do not see that in your original post. Apologies if I misunderstood.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 14 (4,550 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen No worries. But right now i'm working on payback. Set a chair on fire at the place and i'm gonna see if I can steal an award from a celebrity. If I didn't get my award then i'll just "borrow" one
Message 9 of 14 (4,542 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@themastergamer43 That's odd. I know that's the way it worked in the past, unless it changed in an update. Granted, it's been quite a while since I got an award and didn't do the acceptance speech. I usually do as I said, just wait and do the "Accept award" action when someone else gets an award.

There is a minor bug in how it works. Your sim will usually automatically do the "Watch" action to watch the awards. If your sim is doing that, and you click on "Accept award", the "Watch" action doesn't cancel in favor of the "Accept" option. You have to cancel that one first.

I usually wait until I see my sim's name in the notification box that they won and then immediately pause the game. I then cancel the watch action, click on the mic and select "accept award" and unpause it. That usually works. If not, I wait until someone else wins and then I do the same thing. I always get it before the award show ends.

It's been quite a while since I haven't accepted it. It's always appeared in the household inventory in the past. I'll have to try it again and see if that's still the case.
Message 10 of 14 (4,502 Views)