Could we change the loading screen colour?

by ApplurpleFox0314

Original Post

Could we change the loading screen colour?

★★★★ Novice

Could we change the loading screen colour? I'm worried that the blue screen would be bad for my eyes.

I found out that it used to be white which would be preferable. 
Is there a reason it was changed to blue? I could just use a nightlight if it stays but it's nice to see the proper in-game colours too. 

That's kind of all and I hope that this is acknowledged, thanks. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,893 Views)

Re: Could we change the loading screen colour?

★★★ Expert

@ApplurpleFox0314 There were mods that could change the color of the loading screen or provide various images in lieu of the plumbob but all of those mods seem to have been broken by the Sept. 3rd patch. The mod I was using changed the blue background to a dark emerald green and it was much easier on my eyes when playing at night in a mostly dark room. I 100% agree it would be awesome to have some alternative color options without using mods. If you decide to use one of those mods to change the loading screen color in your game make sure whatever you use is updated for the current game patch.

Message 2 of 11 (1,867 Views)

Champion

@ApplurpleFox0314 , yes the loading screen used to be white, but was changed when they rebranded the game over a year ago. The Plumbob used to be different as well.  (the white screen hurt my eyes more, so I was glad they changed it , but I totally understand that the blue might not be as comfortable for you as it is for me.)  And actually, when they first changed the loading screen color, it was a very bright blue, which hurt a lot of people's eyes Disappointed, so they changed it to the current darker blue!  That bright blue was very pretty , but very bright, so it could be a lot worse! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (1,840 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness The mods have been updated, I use custom loading screens as well and it's up to date now Standard smile. So @ApplurpleFox0314 you can look around the Internet to find some nice ones.
Message 4 of 11 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@EriSims974 OOOOOoooooo nice! Thanks so much, I will update mine today :D

I know we're not allowed to post links to mod sites on here but I get mine from Mod the Sims.

custom loading screen.JPG

Message 5 of 11 (1,822 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ApplurpleFox0314 Actually blue is technically better for your eyes compared to white - but I can relate to your struggle (especially if you have a slower computer that takes longer to load). It would be cool to have the option to change it in game. But as it was mentioned, there are mods (on PC) that you can get to change it yourself - just make sure they are up to date with the new patch so you can actually get into your game!
Message 6 of 11 (1,813 Views)

Champion

@ApplurpleFox0314 , what @meeshmeesh3 said about blue being easier on your eyes than white is what I had experienced as well. (But every person has their own irritations).   However, blue light can make it harder to go to sleep, so if you are playing right before bed, it might be best to get a loading screen in a soft peach color or something like that. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 11 (1,795 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 It's funny that you mention "peach" as a good color to use late at night-- the mod I use has 24 different color options and the "peach" option has about twice as many downloads as any of the other 23 colors. Now I know why!

loading screen2.JPG

I might have to give that one a try. Party hat

Message 8 of 11 (1,782 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Just so you know, I meant that statement in a completely scientific way, not to offend anyone or anything. I understand some things might irritate different people at varying levels. "Blue light" doesn't necessarily refer to the colour blue. It is actually just the backlight of screens that is made with blue light. A white screen actually emits most of the blue light, while a black screen is easier on the eyes because it is absorbing a lot more of the harsh lights. The colour blue on the screen can be harmful to eyes as well, but mostly because it is bright. There is also what we see on the spectrum, and the frequencies that each colour emits, which show a red is a much softer frequency than blue, and hence is not as harsh on the eyes (why night lights on screens often have an orange/red/yellow tinge to them). The best is to dim the screen (if possible) or pick darker colours (which also is great for the battery of the device).
Message 9 of 11 (1,771 Views)

@meeshmeesh3

Great explanation for the differences between a blue loading screen and 'blue light' Standard smile My display switches to the warmer tones on the spectrum automatically at night, it is so restful on the eyes. I cannot deal with 'dark' modes though, I see lines in my vision when looking at pale text on dark backgrounds.

The MTS mod for changing the loading screen colour is a small but great addition to the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 11 (1,755 Views)