Re: Could not locate this item

by CharmB789

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 Oh. Thank you for letting us know. Unfortunately, if the only copy of the lot is the one in your library that you sent the tray files for, since at least one of the tray files is corrupted in that grouping of files needed to correctly save the lot information to the library, I'm afraid this copy will not be useful to you. You said that the lot was a remodel/reno of another build? Perhaps it you could try downloading the original home and placing it on a different lot and doing renovations that don't include whatever CC you had used on the lot with the issue? It would also be a good idea to check for updates to your CC as they may come out (now or in the future) following the recent game update/patch. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 31 of 36 (365 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I could go back to the original home but I edited a lot of the home so it would be hard to start over. I only have the one without the CC.

Message 32 of 36 (361 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there anything that can be done?

Message 33 of 36 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CharmB789 I'm at a loss for any way you can recover the modified lot. Redoing the renovations without using the CC that may have caused the issue is the only way I see. Sorry. You may want to keep a few versions of the renovations saved into the library at different stages of completion until you are sure all has saved well when done and the issue has not re-occurred.

Message 34 of 36 (331 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can figure out other ways to fix these problems of both the broken lot and backing up these files after all. So thanks anyway for all your help.

Message 35 of 36 (317 Views)

Champion

@CharmB789 You are very welcome. It's unfortunate there was not a fix, but sometimes it's still important to make sure there isn't a fix before going through the work to re-do something! Anyway, I hope the process goes smoothly for you. Happy simming! Standard smile

Message 36 of 36 (300 Views)